Ford Bridgend plant to close in 2020

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
in my view this is why for the time being fossil/electric is a decent compromise but we are going to get taxed out of the little remaining fossil sooner rather than later. right now my understanding ,if we all had electric cars plugged in charging the grid would blow a fuse .. no ?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
In all probability the introduction of electric cars en masse will lead to a renaissance in Nuclear Power, the irony is had we built another 5 PWR stations when Sizewell B was completed the UK would be in a much better position than we are today to provide the energy required. I’m afraid when the CEGB was split up and sold off all strategic thinking on UK energy requirement went out of the window, free markets are incapable of this look at the shambles the introduction of smartmeters has been any fool should have realised that it was National Grid’s job to design and install

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
well ,of piste again, i aint any kind of labour voter but, i would nationalize ALL essential services asap power,gas ,water, ect as its fairly plain that out and out capitalists have raped these on the fill my pocket scheme. like health service .nurses get peanuts and pen /keyboard pushers get millions, never right . and the pendulum needs to swing back a bit for the low/middle income people. cars /houses and other such expenses seem to be mostly rent now so we are all becoming the mouse in the wheel of things.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Demand timing is very relevant and shouldn't be dismissed.
Nuclear power stations take time to and start up and shutdown and are only suitable as baseline power sources. Gas and bio stations are more able to respond to increases and dips in demand. Therefore if the baseline rises nuclear can provide more of the energy required.
This is also one of the fundamental flaws with solar and wind power generation. They aren't guaranteed and in the case of solar provide nothing overnight.
Currently the pumped hydro in Wales is used to help balance out supply and demand but it's a very inefficient method.
If the whole UK went electric cars the bulk of them would recharge overnight. As demand currently drops away overnight all that would happen is the nuclear plants could be ramped up a bit (the baseline has increased as a result of the overnight trough disappearing. This then liberates additional on demand to help fill any shortfall.
I'm not saying we wouldn't need another power station but it's not as bad as suggested.

Globally this applies to all the developed nations.
It’s relevant as, let’s say, an operational factor. Yes, I get it, cars recharge using nighttime baseloading.

That doesn’t get away from the total annual energy requirement. And, if the global car fleet becomes EV, the increase currently supported by petrol & diesel exceeds currently installed global generating capacity by almost exactly total US generating capacity. Regardless of when in the day it’s consumed.

Rob76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E280 CDI Sport
As EV take-up inceases; im looking forward to the 'Supply & Demand' BS used to hold up derv prices coming to an end; Cheaper fuel surely as demand goes down :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
As EV take-up inceases; im looking forward to the 'Supply & Demand' BS used to hold up derv prices coming to an end; Cheaper fuel surely as demand goes down :)
Right... as a rough rule, diesel comes out of the heavier fraction before the plastics. One gallon of diesel comes free in between five gallons of petrol and the plastics that come off the tail end.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

nice one bud ,keep dreamin. there will be more tax as demand drops. green tax call it anything ,but go down !!!!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom