Fox problem

Hmac

Reaction score
Maybe a country dweller can help me with this.... foxes jump onto and walk over my car most nights (and the majority of the cars in the street). Blasted nuisance - greasy footprints slithered all over the windscreen and bonnet, fox poo on the wings

I live in Battersea, south London (hardly the shires) and have two terriers so the car must have a dog pong. I am told creosote is mega-yucky to foxes, but I do not want a car covered in creosote. And the boys in blue might take a dim view of I shoot the b*****s out of my bedroom window. Does anyone have any ideas as how to keep my car fox-free !

OP
Hmac

Hmac

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give it a go. Could be handy if any wild boar move into the neighbourhood, according to Maplin !

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Mmmm wild boar sausages, they are really nice :)

S80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
None at the monent, but there's an OM642 in the Jeep Grand Cherokee!
Contact the Battersea Hunt? :razz:

AlisonH

Reaction score
Website
www.trpd.co.uk
Wish I only had your problem..., I've a ferret loose inside my Merc! Need to use it, but don't know if the critter's up inside the instrument panel!

Perhaps if you put the terriers in the car when the fox is likely to jump on it, they'd scare it off... then again, they may ruin and rip the interior trying to get at the fox?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Vote out Gordon and his band of vindictive green eyed morons - then maybe we can get the numbers back under control.

Anyway, if foxes are coming into your street, there is probably a reason. They're after food so if there wasn't a food source nearby they wouldn't be there. Any local takeaways that aren't locking up their bins properly?

OP
Hmac

Hmac

Reaction score
Alison H - I once made the mistake of leaving the terrier bitch in the car NOT in her crate. I was impressed that MB could provide replacements for every single tiny piece of plastic that she has destroyed. Even the little clip that secures the first-aid badge has a part number.

jberks - I reckon the foxes come off Clapham Common and then wander down my road looking for bins to trash.

A

Angri

Alison H - I once made the mistake of leaving the terrier bitch in the car NOT in her crate. I was impressed that MB could provide replacements for every single tiny piece of plastic that she has destroyed. Even the little clip that secures the first-aid badge has a part number.

jberks - I reckon the foxes come off Clapham Common and then wander down my road looking for bins to trash.

Have you considered buying a regular supply of really cheap sausages . . and hiding a couple every evening on the opposite side of your road . .

Maybe that will distract the little darlings sufficiently for them to avoid your car completely? :)

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Raw chicken breast, rub it over everyone elses car in the street problem solved.
jib

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Raw chicken breast, rub it over everyone elses car in the street problem solved.
jib

picture the scene: - "Well your Honor I was walking in an orderly fashion to my domicile having just picked up chicken breasts from my local Tesco food store and due to their reluctance to give me a bag on account of green policy and them saving the planet I pushed them as best I could into my pocket not realising they were a bit on the slippery side. As I proceeded the said breasts accidentally slid out of my pocket and came in to contact with my neighbours car" The Beak interrupts at this point and asks "was that all 16 of your neighbours cars?" :roll::roll:

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
connect the bonnet to the mains. when you hear a flash, and hear a 'wwoooof' - the problem is likely to have been solved.

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Foxs do not like cats so just get a cat soft toy put it on the bonnet and job done

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
Put a Foxes glacier mint on the roof. There is always a bear on top of them....bet you wont see another fox after that.

Juddian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124CE/1996/3199cc/LPG'd
Thank goodness they've moved into the city, got fed up of them barking and leaving me presents..;)

Tally ho.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom