Front pads and discs for 300TE24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve H

Reaction score
Help,

I've just received new discs and pads to replace worn items on my W124 estate ('92 300TE-24v) as the pad light is on and the discs are at their wear limit.

My Haynes manual calls for new bolts etc but I don't have them as they were not included with the discs.

I ordered parts from Euro Car parts (great website at www.eurocarparts.com) but they did not have a fitting kit available and the discs and pads are not packed with any "bits"(springs / clips / shims etc etc).

Do I really, really need the new bolts etc and if so are they available separately?

I'd be grateful for any advice as although I've frequently changed pads (on a variety of other vehicles) I've never had to change a disc before.

Thanks
Steve

Neil Eglintine

Reaction score
I don't know the application specifically, but Mercedes use a lot of bolts with locking compound preapplied on the braking system. It may be that these are such.

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Andy, does this apply to a lot of the nuts and bolts on Mercs? only my 190e has a wonky steering wheel. not drastic but very irritating. Ive had the tracking checked and its spot on, but the steering wheel was removed a while back for some reason. The Haynes manual says that a new bolt is needed when doing this, along with lot of other jobs that removing bolts! I was a bit peeved that you have to buy a new one every time...will the Loctite do the trick?

OP
S

Steve H

Reaction score
Guys,
Thanks for the info...this weekend will see the job done!!
Steve H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom