Front Seat Base Cushion Loose - W203

MAB01UK

Reaction score
The leather seat base cushion on my 2000 W203 C200K is loose and rocking up and down on one side of the drivers seat.

I found the remains of a broken black plastic bracket (on the floor underneath) which clamps over a round metal bar under the front of the seat base cushion. Also 2 unbroken clear plastic rivets which hold this black plastic bracket in place on the metal seat base plate.
If I can get a new replacement plastic seat bracket, does anyone know how the plastic rivets are held in place in the 2 holes in the metal base or what needs to be dismantled to get inside?
I suppose the bodge method would be a large ty-wrap.............I'm a bit surprised the seat is held together with breakable plastic brackets anyway! :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

OP
M

MAB01UK

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
M

MAB01UK

Reaction score
Now fitted a new push-fit plastic clamp part and rivets in diagram but it proved to be much easier with someone seating in the seat to hold the base down firmly while I pushed home the plastic U-clamp and rivets from below.

HelpThisDude

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C270CDI, R172 SLK55 AMG
Sorry guys, been looking at the diagrams for ages, must be missing the obvious! What was the part number in the diagrams for the clamp and rivets? (I can lift my seat base right off).
My front seats also squeak over every bump (when occupied), is it common - leading to a common and easy fix :)

Cheers

nasiy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI/203
The plastic clamps on my seat have come off too, as the rivets have cracked. Anyone know where I can get these online? Thanks.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom