Frozen windows!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That is why I love Mercedes, it is the small engineering bits that you don't even notice until you try something else.
I also like that when I use the headlight washers the spray doesn't hit the windscreen.

Having an open car,,many car clean me, when they clean their own screen :(

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
But you really don't realize how well off we are until you drive a car without these refinements at night and in the rain, on an unlit road with the dazzle from the lights of other cars.

And even smarter, once designed in, no servicing or maintenance is required on these points.

Since buying the Porsche Keith has pointed out a few things that he considers are better designed in the Mercedes too. As you so rightly say we do tend to forget all the little refinements. I noticed last night that my bum was cold on the leather seats as they aren't heated :shock: The mirrors don't have any controls on them so that you can turn them in when driving through a restricted opening or leaving your car in a car park :shock: it has no back seats so there is nowhere for my mother to sit :shock::shock: ;)

Having an open car,,many car clean me, when they clean their own screen :(

Yes we have that problem too Malcolm :eek:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I noticed last night that my bum was cold on the leather seats as

o

It is much worse in Sweden with leather when the temp falls to -40c,,so leather is not popular over there, or North canada

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
It is much worse in Sweden with leather when the temp falls to -40c,,so leather is not popular over there, or North canada

I had forgotten how cold it can get in Sweden. I have quite a few friends in Canada, most of them in Manitoba and it starts to get cold and snowy there in October and they often have snow right through to April. It also goes down to about -44c there and they have to plug their cars in at night. I don't think I would like that :eek:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had forgotten how cold it can get in Sweden. I have quite a few friends in Canada, most of them in Manitoba and it starts to get cold and snowy there in October and they often have snow right through to April. It also goes down to about -44c there and they have to plug their cars in at night. I don't think I would like that :eek:

I was in Calgary one Winter,and I did not have good clothing,,The button holes snapped on my Swede jacket

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I don't know crackling is pretty good

I am getting visions of Malcolm walking around the streets of Calgary in his swede jacket eating the bits of 'crackling' that are falling off due to the cold until he's eaten the whole jacket :shock:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am getting visions of Malcolm walking around the streets of Calgary in his swede jacket eating the bits of 'crackling' that are falling off due to the cold until he's eaten the whole jacket :shock:

I do not own a suede jacket anymore :( I do not eat crackling :( and I do not have to go that far anymore:D When my ex comes out of hospital, (she has been in 5 weeks, only while they experiment on her) it will be winter when I go over there, and it could be -40º c while I am there.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I do not own a suede jacket anymore :( I do not eat crackling :( and I do not have to go that far anymore:D When my ex comes out of hospital, (she has been in 5 weeks, only while they experiment on her) it will be winter when I go over there, and it could be -40º c while I am there.

I do hope that she is okay Malcolm, that is a long time to be in hospital :(

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom