Fuel Filler Flap Stuck - C200 Sport Coupe 05 Reg

littleduckling

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Sport Coupe 05 reg
Hi All,

Really hoping someone might be able to help me! I made an ordinary trip to the petrol station at the weekend and the fuel filler flap on my car wouldnt open. I've tried unlocking and locking the car a few times to no avail.

I have had a look in the boot and found a flap in the side of the lining behind where the fuel filler is but I cannot find any kind of manual override for the filler flap. I'm not even sure if i'm looking in the right place.

I'm extremely low on fuel and don't have enough to get it to a local dealership. Any help on how I might be able to fix it would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance :)

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
You are on the right track.

Open the panelling on the reverse of the fuel filler (inside the boot), and the locking mech will be there. There is a (red?) tag to pull to override the lock.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
It wont make any difference with the flap. the common fault is the pin coming of the drive, you have to remove the motor and re-fit the pin!!

OP
L

littleduckling

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Sport Coupe 05 reg
Thanks both for your replies!

rpe2 - thanks, I will take another look when I get home from work and see if I can find some sort of tag.

S-A-M / U-N-I-T - I'm hoping rpe2's advise will work as that doesn't sound good!

Thanks again, will let you know how I get on.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom