Fuel Filler

admiral

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320
I have just had a call from the guy that I sold my 2004 CLK too who was stuck at a Petrol station, unable to put fuel in the car.

he said that he had opened the outside flap, unscrewed the cap but was unable to insert the nozzle because the little metalic flap at the entrance to the pipe would not disengage.

It had never happened to me and I couldnt see anything in the forum. Any ideas??

SheriffJW

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi Blueefficiency Sport Saloon
This has happened to me before.

Went to a different petrol station and filled up fine.

Im sure some nozzles at the pump are a bigger bore than others

Oarsman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L CDI Bluetec, Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDI, 1963 Triumph TR4
Some of the pumps have larger "guns" to accomodate trucks. The outlet pipes are about 50% bigger than the regular size.

Normally the pumps that are not covered by the overhang. This allows high vehicles to get next to the pump.

K

killwilly

The OP doesn't say whether the CLK is petrol or diesel, assuming that its petrol, why would he go to a pump that is designed for trucks?

OP
A

admiral

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320
Thank you for the responses, the CLK is petrol and I just cant fathom what could get stuck. AFAIK the little flap is only sprung so shouldnt get jammed.

by the looks of it as no-one else has had this problem, he must have been trying the wrong nozzle at the petrol station or they had a different size.

he is a good friend so i would hate for there to be a problem, but just doesnt make sense.

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
As said the knozzles on the pumps are different sizes, this once saved me from an exspensive bill. I had just changed my car from diesel to petrol and proceeded to fill up with diesel only to find the nozzle was too big

Last edited:
OP
A

admiral

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320
Yes I am sure thats what he did. I will speak to him today but I dont expect him to admit it!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom