Fuel Flap/Lid/Door will not open

Indy500pacecar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 Mercedes Benz E220 Bluetec Coupe
I have recently purchased a low mileage 2015 E220 Coupe and need to refill the diesel tank, but the fuel lid will not open, this is only the 2nd time I have attempted to use it, 1st time was ok.
I have read on various forums that a emergency pull cord or opening device is behind the right hand side trim panel, I have had the trim panel out and cannot find anything that looks as though it is there to open the fuel lid, I have tried unlocking/locking/unlocking the car many times along with attempting to push and pull the fuel lid at the same time, but it will not open, I do not know where the fuse may be or what fuse to look for although everything seems to work ok and there are no warning lights showing any failed electrical parts, I have experience working on many types of cars, but have never had this problem, any help would be appreciated or should I just book it into my local dealer.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
The forum had a similar thread recently which had us going to our cars looking for emergency pull cords ..... my ML doesn't have one though my R Class used to have one.
If the cord isn't obvious I'd expect you'll have to strip some of the interior trim out to access the lock motor.

OP
I

Indy500pacecar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 Mercedes Benz E220 Bluetec Coupe
The forum had a similar thread recently which had us going to our cars looking for emergency pull cords ..... my ML doesn't have one though my R Class used to have one.
If the cord isn't obvious I'd expect you'll have to strip some of the interior trim out to access the lock motor.
Thanks for the reply, will have a look over the weekend

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Recently purchased......back to the seller. at that age, was the car from mercedes.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom