Fuel Flap Locked - Mercedes ML 270cdi Auto W163 2002

13enzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz ML 270 cdi Auto W163 2002
Hi
I cannot put fuel into my car :wallbash:
My fuel flap is locked and will not open (this happened on the very cold spell we had lately ????)
I can see that the mechanism has a black pin which comes (protrudes) through the eyelet (hole) catch on the inside of the fuel cap, and obviously when the pin disengages the flap will be allowed to open !!!
So how do i go about this.....where is the fuse for this, how do i get at the actual mechanism and any other relevant Information please

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
Mines a 2008 C class but there's a lever inside the car up by the filler neck to release by hand in the event of an electrical fault.
Open a cover in the boot area and reach towards the fuel filler area, you may find yours has something similar.
Others with an ML of your cars age may have better info.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
My R Class has a red plastic pull cord just inside the access cover to the tail light for just an occassion ;) I wouldn't have thought that your car would be much different.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I'm guessing it has happened because the metal cable has contracted in the cold , or the lock mechanism has frozen . When it warms up it should release , don't know if a hair dryer near the filler cap catch will help , or a warm garage if you are that lucky

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I'm guessing it has happened because the metal cable has contracted in the cold ,....
There's no cable on mine, just a pin/rod on the end of a solenoid

. When it warms up it should release , don't know if a hair dryer near the filler cap catch will help , ....
It's not that grim up north now ;)

Top Bottom