Fuel injection pump part

Reaction score
Website
southernmotorcycletransport.co.uk
Your Mercedes
208D 1999 2.3
Morning chaps and chapetts,

I have a 208D and the Idle speed increase vacuum unit nipple has snapped off, so I cant attach the vacuum line to it. I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I can get one? I have added a pic with the part I need. It is for a pump with part number 0400074884. Alternatively does anyone have a pump for sale...

Attachments

• Pump edited.jpg
    Pump edited.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 12

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Nipple from Garden Shops, Pet shops with fish tanks.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
A pump like yours will cost an arm and a leg .Thats if you can find one .I found this company www.injectionpumps.co.uk message them . Could you not make one out of a small tube ,,its not that hard get it soldered in ..A good soldering iron will do the job get everything clean flux it first ..

OP
Southern Motorcycle Trans
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
208D 1999 2.3
Ok So I have finally managed to remove the Idle speed vacuum unit and soldered a new nipple of sorts on (thanks DReamer no2) but for the life of me I cant get the ****** thing back into the injector pump, is there a certain method to this, please someone help

OP
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
208D 1999 2.3
If you have fitted it correctly and your engine has no electronics on the pump have you have screwed the the vacuum unit right in ? if you have the tick over is adjusted by screwing out to increase tickover.
Yes it is right in, I have backed it out but id doesn't make any difference, you do mean the part in the picture attached?

Attachments

• vacumm.jpg
    vacumm.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 7

clarkmichigan55b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 208D T1 van 1989
Yes. Your engine is the same as mine with a few modifications. I noticed a electric switch on your pump which is not on my engine not sure what this does.
Are you sure you fitted the vacuum valve correctly and does it work if you draw vacuum from the pipe?

OP
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
208D 1999 2.3
Yes. Your engine is the same as mine with a few modifications. I noticed a electric switch on your pump which is not on my engine not sure what this does.
Are you sure you fitted the vacuum valve correctly and does it work if you draw vacuum from the pipe?
That switch connects through the pump to the throttle and moves with the throttle itself, I simply unscrewed the part in the picture then screwed it back in , it was working before I removed it but there was no vacuum line attached as the nipple had come off, but a i fashioned one on, I have tried it with the vacuum line not attached but it still wont idle so not sure what I can do or have done to fix this. Wish I had just left it alone now but it was bugging me not having the line attached

clarkmichigan55b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 208D T1 van 1989
Did you try drawing vacuum from the other end of the pipe disconnected?
If you do and it does not hold vacuum it is u/s.
I have had a look on a Mercedes parts site i use for part numbers and it looks as if the part in not available from Mercedes.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom