fuel line clips

The Ben

Reaction score
****** broken one that goes into the fuel pump. The funny looking clips, same as the fuel filter clips.

Anyone know where I can buy them on-line as i'm a bit grounded, the pipe keeps popping off and spraying fuel everywhere... doh!

Many thanks

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Not sure if they are available on their own, I will check and get back to you or someone on here may know,

OP
T

The Ben

Reaction score
hey thank you. I don't ,mind having to by the pipe too, just as long as it get one. The cars runs fine for a couple of mins then blows the pipe off. My fault I broke the 'u' shaped clip that fastens it all together!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
You mean the white locking clip, the black pipe end is part of the pipe and only comes with a new pipe, It may be possible to use a cable tie as a temporary measure to hold the pipe in place until you get a new one..The clips do get brittle and break..

OP
T

The Ben

Reaction score
Ye that's it, the locking clip. Can you buy them online or do I have to go to Merc dealer???

Number_Cruncher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E300D TE
You'll need to buy a complete new pipe - but, they aren't particularly expensive.

As an interim, can you swap the clip from a pipe end which is on the suction side?, like the one from the fuel heater?

OP
T

The Ben

Reaction score
Okay thanks, ill have to get my dad to go up tomorrow nearest dealer is about 35 miles away!! eeeek.

OP
T

The Ben

Reaction score
Hi
Why dont you try a jubilee hose clip first.

hmm, I'll have a go...

Does anyone know what the part number is for that pipe with the clip on? when I rang up yesterday the bloke didn't know what I was talking about (albeit, my description was a but vague and he sounded a bit dopey :p)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom