Fuel Saving Remaps

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Perhaps when he wakes up he could clarify the 'worth every penny' statement as well?

D'OH, done it again. M u s t s t a y o u t o f h e r e ....

Too late now,,you are in it up to your neck,,please have your chipped and report back, as a long standing active member, we can rely on your report and findings

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Too late now,,you are in it up to your neck,,please have your chipped and report back, as a long standing active member, we can rely on your report and findings

I'm not putting a map on the Saab as it can't deal with the power it has, never mind more. I've thought about de-activating the turbo. :D
The 'other' car is quite fast enough for me and from my research a map would take it too close to the gearbox limit, which is not what I want.
So that only leaves the W124 and I chip that every time I fill the tank but don't tell Number Cruncher, he doesn't like it. :razz:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm not putting a map on the Saab as it can't deal with the power it has, never mind more. I've thought about de-activating the turbo. :D
The 'other' car is quite fast enough for me and from my research a map would take it too close to the gearbox limit, which is not what I want.
So that only leaves the W124 and I chip that every time I fill the tank but don't tell Number Cruncher, he doesn't like it. :razz:

OK I will not tell him,still think that it would have been nice to see what a 300D would be like chipped

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
I'll show the limit of my understanding of remaps and cars in general here but I didn't think there was anything to map on mine? Mechanical injection and no ignition but at least I've never been charged for spark plugs. :D

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
so you haven't tried backing off that throttle cable yet psmart?

sorry that my opinions have you so riled, shame you are taking it so personally. as you have seen i have tried to square things up with you and genuinely wish to end this antagonism. i really regret that you feel so strongly about all this, it makes us both look foolish and for my part i have publicly tried to meet you in the middle. i am sure we will meet one of these days, just as i look forward to having a face to face chat with steve, i would hate to think that you would want to blank me - that would be your choice. as for this thread about vast fuel saving from the simple expedient of remapping, it does not seem that either of us are getting anywhere with it, just argument with no progress.

trying to undermine my technical knowledge, understanding or experience is getting you nowhere. trying to show that i am out to damage peoples livelihoods is clearly seen as an act of malice. trying to suggest that i am some kind of mole or god knows what just lowers your standards. so how about trying to meet me in the middle? i am waiting...

psmart

Reaction score
i am waiting...
You have your experience and stand by it, I have mine and also stand by it. I can see perfectly well how to gain fuel economies through actual hands on experience with my own vehicles and how mapping companies can offer a non snake-oil product.

No contributor to this thread has offered tangible evidence either way, so yes, furthering this thread is futile until such evidence is procured.

We will agree to dis-agree.

psmart

Reaction score
I am going to have a nice coffee, and dip stick my tank to see how much fuel has evaporated :D:D
That's a bit of a paradox, is it not :confused: .... if your going to regularly dip your tank, then the fuel wasted over time will mount up..... and depending upon the ground temperature of the tank storing the fuel from which you fill, you may not have got as much in your tank as you thought, creating a dilemma..... did it evaporate, were you diddled or is your beast not in the best of health.... :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's a bit of a paradox, is it not :confused: .... if your going to regularly dip your tank, then the fuel wasted over time will mount up..... and depending upon the ground temperature of the tank storing the fuel from which you fill, you may not have got as much in your tank as you thought, creating a dilemma..... did it evaporate, were you diddled or is your beast not in the best of health.... :rolleyes:

It's OK I have a paraffin heater under the tank to keep it warm :D:D

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
So, do we know what the real situation is yet?

psmart

Reaction score
This time next year it will all be clear
Well, I met Alexander half way, so we need another 770 posts before we get to the conclusion :rolleyes:

In the meantime, if Steve is offering a try before you buy (perhaps a GTG), I've no doubt many will be converted :cool:

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
So, do we know what the real situation is yet?

Yes ! . the right re-map, in the right car, will give you more MPG ............ variations of course, due to engine type, and how you drive, before/after re-map ......... but of course they improve the car ............ by upto 15% in a lot of cases .............. even more in some ! ...... ;)

Anyone with half a brain could tell you that ................... mind you, anyone with half a brain, seems to have posted on this thread already ............. :p

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well, I met Alexander half way, so we need another 770 posts before we get to the conclusion :rolleyes:

In the meantime, if Steve is offering a try before you buy (perhaps a GTG), I've no doubt many will be converted :cool:

The official mid way was post 740 so we are well on the way

psmart

Reaction score
Cole has not yet stated (other than tongue in cheek) if the mpg on his dial equates in the same relationship post/pre mod to his tank-tank.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
just caught up on this thread. psmart, very glad to meet you in the middle and look forward to debating this in person one day - perhaps over a pint :D. it is odd really that there truly IS no widely published scientifically based evidence one way or the other, i imagine that this situation will not last indefinately.

Top Bottom