1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Saving Remaps

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by sr-performancelive.., Aug 16, 2009.

1. cleverdicky

cleverdicky Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    MB
    Shame theres not more on this generaly, than the odd guy that pops up.

2. Alex Crow

Alex Crow Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
    Hmmmm.........questions about 3x different cars in 3x different posts, and none of them are Mercedes??

3. mirach

mirach New Member

Your Mercedes:
    e320cdi estate 2004 3ltr diesel
    hi all. I read the first 6 pages here then skipped to pg86 to find very similar comments, my 330d bmw was re-mapped and regardless of how hard it is driven or what it is towing it will not do less than 40 mpg and hits 52mpg on a run. so; HAS ANYONE ON HERE RE-MAPPED A 320CDI AND NOTICED AN INCREASED FUEL ECONOMY THAT IS WORTH MENTIONING.PREFFERABLY NOT FROM A RE-MAP COMPANY. sorry if this answer is in here already but 85+pages of bickering is a bit hardgoing for me.

4. ThinkPad

ThinkPad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E W212; C W204
    I had a remap on my CLS from GAD on this forum...it was the economy map.

I notice if I am cruising on the motorway there is a slight improvement on economy...around town I think it is slightly worse than it was, but not significantly.

Overall, the car is quicker, and I would say overall economy is the same (in mixed driving) so I think it is a good result...

ps had it done around 1.5 - 2 years ago...

5. gizze

gizze Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 cgi Estate & Range Rover TDV8
    I havd a Brabus D6 on my E320cdi estate, 2007, and that got better MPG with the box fitted.

Used to get around 510-530 miles between fill ups without it, 16 gallons, and then 550-580 with it fitted.

I have a CRD-T+ on my X3...

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-bmw_x-3-f25-(2010-)_xdrive-2.0d-184-ps-stage-2-(crd-t)

I was getting close to 500 miles between fill ups on that, 13 gallons, and with it I am getting 560+ every time.
    The difference in performance is stunning too, not just acceleration but how much lighter and nippier it makes the car feel.