Fuel sesnor Clip Removal for tuning box

philhammond2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class/2013/2.1
I'm trying to fit my new tuning box to my car. I can't remove the fuel sensor clip. I've flicked the grey clip so it's out and tried pulling it out with pliers. I can move it from side to side, but can't remove it.

Any help to remove this with be much appreciated

Attachments

• clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 11

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Usually, springing the grey locking tag - as you have done - is just to allow the clip that holds the two parts together to be released.
You then have to lever the clip on the main body of the plug so that it will allow the two parts to pull apart. Without doing this second step you will not be able to separate them.

OP
P

philhammond2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class/2013/2.1
Usually, springing the grey locking tag - as you have done - is just to allow the clip that holds the two parts together to be released.
You then have to lever the clip on the main body of the plug so that it will all

Thanks for that, Where abouts would I need to lever it? Under the grey clip that I pulled forward and then pull it towards me?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
If you have popped the grey clip forwards as you have , squeeze the grey clip downwards towards the wires with your thumb at the same time as pulling the whole main plug

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom