Further 190E 2.5 Starting Problems

Nick 190E 2.5-16V

Reaction score
Website
www.torqline.com
Hi all, during the winter I had some starting problems with my 190E 2.5-16V, and now the weather is marginally better I've started having a proper look at it. I've changed the spark plugs today and these were particularly black, with the threads indicating that the engine could be flooded, particularly on cylinders 3 and 4. After changing these I tried turning the engine over a bit, and while it smelt like a fair bit of fuel was flowing through/burning off, I couldn't get the thing restarted.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should look at next? I had previously been trying to start it a bit over the winter, with no success, so given the state of the old plugs I guess the engine could be flooded partially. The fuel pump sounds like it's working ok, and the OVP relay and fuel pump relay seem to be working ok. Also I'm getting sparks from every HT lead, so that doesn't seem to be a problem. I have had a few issues last year which some of you helped me with, so any help you can offer me this time would be a great help, again!

Thanks,

Nick

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Flooding is probably due to either the cold start injector being stuck on or the KE-jetronic distributor needle being stuck in the fully open position.

Try disconnecting the cold start injector and giving the metering head a tap with a hammer.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom