Gear box change serial part number

Del monty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250td 96
Hi need to dig in to the wraith of knowledge here. Just had diff disintegrate on my c250td ( I miss diagnosed problem to the two rubbed shock dampers on shaft Opps) which caused car to twist of Carddarn shaft. changed diff and shaft car feels really tight again which is great. Only one problem it's stuck in 1st or reverse. I have been trying to get some one to check over gear box but live in the middle of now were and no one can check with their computers. Reading through here I guess that the conductor plate or some thing on there died from the shock or sudden oil pressure raise. I have found a used gear box to change with but I need to know if its compatible the box is a 722 436 0 384 3035 how many of these numbers must I match? Is it enough with first 6 digits or must I match more so I don't run in to more problems.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome the 722.436 is all you need. there is no speed plate on these boxes, could you have upset something on the selector when working on the car.

OP
D

Del monty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250td 96
I have gone over the vacuum system found one hole in a pipe there. And where the vacuum goes in to the box there is a green dial nob thing that I moved when cleaning but think I moved it back to origanal position. Is this an adjustment thing? or what is it not easy to see with out dropping box
When the diff went the centre pin fell out and fastened between some cogs making the shaft to gear box twist off. Then released when pressure from shaft disappeared which ment I rolled 500 m home.
Would the shift mec leave me with just 1 and reverse? I dome get much change when I put it in 2 or 3 or D the only differance felt is that in 2 the gear is permanently connected to motor so the car engine breaks when foot off gas. The other 2 you feel clutch disengagement and free roll?
Is it possible to get in side and get fail codes on this box with right computer?
Thanks Malcolm,

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Nothing a computer can do here, the vacuum system on the box only makes the changes soft, and known as the modulator.

Later in the day I will check to see if there any known faults that give this fault

OP
D

Del monty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250td 96
Malcolm r u to mercedes as yoda is to the Jedi. :) have read a few of your posts on this and is seem you are siting on all the good info. And even better willing to share it keep up the good work

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom