gear selector lever W209 CLK 240

nik2002

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK 2002
Hi,
Does anyone know much about why suddenly, out the blue with no previous indications, my car has become stuck in reverse and park. Took it to the garage this am and they called me later to say it was stuck on the ramp in this state.
There was mention of the gear selector module but the lever would not physically move and the fault codes showed no problem. Possibly it has mechaniacally jammed - they said a spring had popped out but the mechanics say all was well when they put it on the ramp. The trim piece that fits on to the console around the lever has been loose since the local MB agent broke one plastic lug that holds the fitting in position - but this happened years ago with no issues - so I got used to it being loose!
Why would this happen? is the selector module a usual fault on a 40,000 mile car? How much to put right? and if the codes show no issues what could be jamming the mechanism and what on earth is the spring doing floating about?

HAs anyone heard of this before and what questions should I ask the garage as last I saw the car all was well.
Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is it not just the brake light switch at fault, and no or corrupted date reaching the box ECU

DB autos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sls in my dreams
There's a little lever that brakes in side of gear module usely jams when bakes. Dan

OP
N

nik2002

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK 2002
Thanks - what would cause it to break? Could it be rough use or is it just a weakness?

Top Bottom