Gearbox Service

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Even paying £200 it is a bargain.
The filter, rubber seal, sump pan bolts, magnets, standup pipe and TC drain bolt are about £60.
The correct ATF is about £180 for 20 litres (enough for 2 cars).
That is about £150 for consumables and labour is on top of that.
By the time the car is on a hoist, undertrays are removed, sump drained and removed, TC drained, sump cleaned, all put back on the car and torqued correctly, ATF pumped in, temp raised, and level corrected, I really doubt if it could be done in an hour. I would guess that the car would be on the hoist for closer to two hours.

I know that trade prices for the parts & ATF are probably lower but still that isn't much of a margin.
That would barely cover a "quickie" fluid and filter change...drain the oil, drop the pan, replace the filter and pan, and refill. And even that would be pushing it...add in draining the TC, ATF radiator and pipes???? Something not right.....

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Deepends on the garage and if they are a high end merc indy with the correct workshop apparatus, some garages do a full flush by connecting to the inlet and outlet and literally pumping through the entire system to replace all the fluid.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, some places have state of the art service technology, and state of the art Pricing to go with it. This kind of equipment does not come cheap and has to be paid for. Given the time/mileage intervals involved, I can well understand not every workshop having it, and especially as it can be done manually.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom