Getting out of Hand

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I have had my W212 for exactly 42 days, and I've just added up what I have spent since I drove the car off the forecourt that hot sunny day back in September.
Consider too, the £555 road fund and £400+ insurance to drive away legally.

The amount that is totting up is disturbing considering I contacted MSL today with a view to spending over £1k on something I don't really need, but want at the same time:D

The slippery slope started with an inquiry for rear tinted windows that cost £170.

Security was high on my list of needs, so a visit to Comand and £399 later solved that.
Also wanted to keep the KG keys safer, so a signal blocking pouch had to bought at £10

I also noticed the the front grill AMG badge was missing so handing over a paltry £15 for a new one was childs play.

Naturally, a black car needed special potions to keep it looking pristine, so £27 saw some PoorBoys Black Hole and Bilt Hamber wax delivered.
The wax was a bit heavy going to remove so a new DA polisher had to be ordered. Only a cheap one, but bye bye to another £50. The wheels need sealing too, so Autoglym comes to the rescue at £11 a tin.
Of course, browsing the forum and seeing some natty AMG courtesy downlights got my attention. Kerching......£24 to you sir. Still haven't fitted them
Hmmm, that alloy footrest on eBay is cheap at £11. I'll have some of that!
Fortunately the Mercedes Me App fitted today was free

When will it stop?
I seriously need to curb my spending. If the missus reads this I'm on the naughty step.
I have 2 rear P Zero tyres I don't particularly like and its £400 to replace those. And if MSL get the almost inevitable visit, to be able to enjoy one of their goodies really asks for a Quaife LSD at £1550 fitted.

Am I alone in this madness?
Did you spend like a lottery winner when you got another car?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I’ve a nice spreadsheet that I keep tabs on all my spending. It’s password protected :p:D

All essentials as far as I can see.

My Land Rover cost me £200 to buy, so far though I’ve spent well over £10k on it... :rolleyes:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
It happens...new wheels and tyres...£1000, an unneeded polish etc...£500, sundries...don't ask. Unexpected problems...less than £200.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I have had my W212 for exactly 42 days, and I've just added up what I have spent since I drove the car off the forecourt that hot sunny day back in September.
Consider too, the £555 road fund and £400+ insurance to drive away legally.

The amount that is totting up is disturbing considering I contacted MSL today with a view to spending over £1k on something I don't really need, but want at the same time:D

The slippery slope started with an inquiry for rear tinted windows that cost £170.

Security was high on my list of needs, so a visit to Comand and £399 later solved that.
Also wanted to keep the KG keys safer, so a signal blocking pouch had to bought at £10

I also noticed the the front grill AMG badge was missing so handing over a paltry £15 for a new one was childs play.

Naturally, a black car needed special potions to keep it looking pristine, so £27 saw some PoorBoys Black Hole and Bilt Hamber wax delivered.
The wax was a bit heavy going to remove so a new DA polisher had to be ordered. Only a cheap one, but bye bye to another £50. The wheels need sealing too, so Autoglym comes to the rescue at £11 a tin.
Of course, browsing the forum and seeing some natty AMG courtesy downlights got my attention. Kerching......£24 to you sir. Still haven't fitted them
Hmmm, that alloy footrest on eBay is cheap at £11. I'll have some of that!
Fortunately the Mercedes Me App fitted today was free

When will it stop?
I seriously need to curb my spending. If the missus reads this I'm on the naughty step.
I have 2 rear P Zero tyres I don't particularly like and its £400 to replace those. And if MSL get the almost inevitable visit, to be able to enjoy one of their goodies really asks for a Quaife LSD at £1550 fitted.

Am I alone in this madness?
Did you spend like a lottery winner when you got another car?
Did a lot of the above on mine too, £500 Gyeon MOHS and of course a natty AMG boot tidy, black MB laurel bonnet badge and AMG centre caps and MB SS VALVE covers ( which I sprayed monthly with lithium to make sure they didn’t bind...oh yes I’m with you Roger!!

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
No one buys an AMG to save money! If it makes you feel any better, the first year's RFL on mine was £1240 which makes my recent renewal seem cheap at £465 :( Fortunately, Mrs L never concerns herself with such matters :)

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
I think we all spend on a new car, always fix the little bits that need doing.
THEN look to improve it, add to it etc.
I didn’t think I have even bought a used car and done nothing to it.

Nice car though and you thought MSL would figure in its future, and I don’t expect that the spending will stop after the new diff !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
I only own a fookin van and I feel as if im out a fortune this year:mad:. bought it for 4G and think its costing me about 5.5 G as we speak. At least you guys have something pristine to justify spending:D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I only own a fookin van and I feel as if im out a fortune this year:mad:. bought it for 4G and think its costing me about 5.5 G as we speak. At least you guys have something pristine to justify spending:D
You’ve not seen my Land Rover...

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I think I must be unusual, I have had my 212 E350CDI 7.5 years bought it 10 months old.
Apart from routine servicing I have paid for the following.
Turbo boost sensor seal about £130 at MB. A pair of front tyres about £210. A set of winter tyres & wheels, one year old unused from MB Preston £800. Thats it, but I will need a pair of rear tyres in the spring.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Spent a fortune on mods over the years, loved every minute of it, wouldn't change a thing,
and not stopping yet either. :rolleyes::)

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
its a great car and deserves every bit of the extra you are lavishing on it pal PS. get the puddle lights fitted asap , they look well cool and especially the darker nights / mornings are here , you get max enjoyment out of them !:D

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I guess owning an AMG is like owning a boat - Never do the math(s)!!! :)

As a friend of mine that sells Sunseekers says "you may as well just sit in front of a fire throwing bundles of £50 notes in than own a boat"

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom