Getting out of Hand

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Dumpr&kids.jpg

This is the only pic I have of the light bar, sadly I dont have one showing the light from the cab in the dark

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
They are "Nordic" lights, made for forest handlers that operate north of the arctic circle in winter... The middle 2 are spot the outside are wide. I've another pair of super-wide on the rear. They are by far the brightest light's I've ever had the pleasure to drive behind.

prob anybody lookin out at the mountain with you on it at night must have thought it was a scene from close encounters of the third kind :D

Darrencashmore

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG Biturbo
I have had my W212 for exactly 42 days, and I've just added up what I have spent since I drove the car off the forecourt that hot sunny day back in September.
Consider too, the £555 road fund and £400+ insurance to drive away legally.

The amount that is totting up is disturbing considering I contacted MSL today with a view to spending over £1k on something I don't really need, but want at the same time:D

The slippery slope started with an inquiry for rear tinted windows that cost £170.

Security was high on my list of needs, so a visit to Comand and £399 later solved that.
Also wanted to keep the KG keys safer, so a signal blocking pouch had to bought at £10

I also noticed the the front grill AMG badge was missing so handing over a paltry £15 for a new one was childs play.

Naturally, a black car needed special potions to keep it looking pristine, so £27 saw some PoorBoys Black Hole and Bilt Hamber wax delivered.
The wax was a bit heavy going to remove so a new DA polisher had to be ordered. Only a cheap one, but bye bye to another £50. The wheels need sealing too, so Autoglym comes to the rescue at £11 a tin.
Of course, browsing the forum and seeing some natty AMG courtesy downlights got my attention. Kerching......£24 to you sir. Still haven't fitted them
Hmmm, that alloy footrest on eBay is cheap at £11. I'll have some of that!
Fortunately the Mercedes Me App fitted today was free

When will it stop?
I seriously need to curb my spending. If the missus reads this I'm on the naughty step.
I have 2 rear P Zero tyres I don't particularly like and its £400 to replace those. And if MSL get the almost inevitable visit, to be able to enjoy one of their goodies really asks for a Quaife LSD at £1550 fitted.

Am I alone in this madness?
Did you spend like a lottery winner when you got another car?

Hi AMGeed

No, you no alone....I bought my E63 AMG a few months ago, and like you had to spend on 'the extras' just to personalise it to my taste...However, after 6, months of ownership & starting to build stronger neck muscles due to the savage acceleration, thought would 'release it's potential' as my mate egged my onto do... so took to GAD tuning who custom mapped it to shy of 700 BHP...the Torque has gone up from 700 to nearly 1200..christ my face looks different now (so the wife says)...what a machine it is......I'm just V.V. tempted with a Quaife LSD...would solve the traction issues...anyone else out there fitted one?

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ I can't really speak with any experience Darren as I haven't fitted an LSD yet.
After my remap I think it really is necessary to have any chance of putting down the power.
The brand and condition of the tyres along with road conditions have a big say in it too.
The couple of mates that have had similar remapped cars both had LSD's fitted and is probably the first mod we should do before adding even more power to the car.

An LSD and H&R lowering springs and I think I'm done.

Oh, I did add a carbon rear lip last springtime.

20200601_185707[1].jpg

Last edited:

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
I have had my W212 for exactly 42 days, and I've just added up what I have spent since I drove the car off the forecourt that hot sunny day back in September.

The amount that is totting up is disturbing considering I contacted MSL today with a view to spending over £1k on something I don't really need, but want at the same time:D

The slippery slope started with an inquiry for rear tinted windows that cost £170.

Security was high on my list of needs, so a visit to Comand and £399 later solved that.
Also wanted to keep the KG keys safer, so a signal blocking pouch had to bought at £10

I also noticed the the front grill AMG badge was missing so handing over a paltry £15 for a new one was childs play.

Naturally, a black car needed special potions to keep it looking pristine, so £27 saw some PoorBoys Black Hole and Bilt Hamber wax delivered.
The wax was a bit heavy going to remove so a new DA polisher had to be ordered. Only a cheap one, but bye bye to another £50. The wheels need sealing too, so Autoglym comes to the rescue at £11 a tin.
Of course, browsing the forum and seeing some natty AMG courtesy downlights got my attention. Kerching......£24 to you sir. Still haven't fitted them

When will it stop?
I seriously need to curb my spending. If the missus reads this I'm on the naughty step.
I have 2 rear P Zero tyres I don't particularly like and its £400 to replace those. And if MSL get the almost inevitable visit, to be able to enjoy one of their goodies really asks for a Quaife LSD at £1550 fitted.

Whatever you do, don't drive through Halfords.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi AMGeed

No, you no alone....I bought my E63 AMG a few months ago, and like you had to spend on 'the extras' just to personalise it to my taste...However, after 6, months of ownership & starting to build stronger neck muscles due to the savage acceleration, thought would 'release it's potential' as my mate egged my onto do... so took to GAD tuning who custom mapped it to shy of 700 BHP...the Torque has gone up from 700 to nearly 1200..christ my face looks different now (so the wife says)...what a machine it is......I'm just V.V. tempted with a Quaife LSD...would solve the traction issues...anyone else out there fitted one?
I fitted a quaife strangely just before I parted with my 63, stupidly never got the chance to check it out properly - the reason being running against 213 4 matic 63s which smoked me , despite running 100bhp less!...frankly I should have waited and got that!

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I fitted a quaife strangely just before I parted with my 63, stupidly never got the chance to check it out properly - the reason being running against 213 4 matic 63s which smoked me , despite running 100bhp less!...frankly I should have waited and got that!

The four wheel drive made the difference John.
If your W212 could have had it fitted the result would have been different.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Is right Roger - I’m noticing this with even my diseasel x drive with a paltry 300 ish BHP ...getting the power on the tarmac is what it’s all about ! Loved that 212 though....
Just think....the next owner got 705bhp and an LSD and knew nothing about it, probably frightened the bejesus out of them!!

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI

When will it stop?

When will it stop?

Just look at this from slightly different viewpoint, if you did NOT spend it on the car, what else you might have wasted the money on ???

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI

Is all this BHP mated with the standard MB 722.9 auto trans ? or sometning else entirely?

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Is all this BHP mated with the standard MB 722.9 auto trans ? or sometning else entirely?

Yes. It's good for it.

I believe Dave(enty) got his transmission sent to Weistec in the US to be reinforced once he got over 800bhp

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I’ve a nice spreadsheet that I keep tabs on all my spending. It’s password protected :p:D

All essentials as far as I can see.

My Land Rover cost me £200 to buy, so far though I’ve spent well over £10k on it... :rolleyes:
Hope that incl a good pair of boots and a brolly !!

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Seems like I've been lucky!
I know mines only a lowly diesel, but in 7 months.....
MB screen cover. £5
Car Cover. £19
Rubber floor mat for drivers side. £13

I already had all the potions to keep it shining.

I do ponder a remap sometimes :cool:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hope that incl a good pair of boots and a brolly !!
My boots I bought in 87 and still going strong... not felt the need to upgrade them to the latest fashion which is probably why they’re lasting as well as they do.
I don’t do brollys (despite having a few)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom