GLA 200 SE Clutch "Clicking"

Dan Mellor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA 200 SE 1.6L 2018
So my GLA is barely a week old and this morning the car starts as normal, only whenever I change to a higher gear the clutch clicks halfway to bringing the peddle back up. Wtf is happening?!

You can hear a clicking noise and also feel it through the clutch peddle.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
A what? Clu... cl... do you mean flappy paddle?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What's a manual gearbox? :shock:

I'm currently driving a loan car - GLA220d 4Matic and it's rather nice ... perhaps I should stop modifying the A200 and get a GLA45 instead :)

Paul Goff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 C220CDi CD Estate
My last car, a manual VAG model had a clicky clutch pedal. Which is to say that one was aware that a microswitch or similar was being mechanically operated when the pedal was moved up or down, it could be felt if I was wearing thin soled foot shoes and heard too, if the radio wasn't on.
i often idly wondered what was being switched but never pursued the matter.

Could such a thing be something from other markets which require that the clutch be disengaged to enable starting?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom