GLA45 AMG Performance Exhaust?

JustinN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA45 AMG
Hi All

This is my first post here so thanks for reading!

I'm in the process of looking to buy a 2015 GLA45 AMG and I have seen various cars on the internet, some mentioning the AMG Performance Exhaust which I want.

What I'm wanting to know is how can I tell if a GLA45 actually has the performance exhaust? From the research I've done it seems newer models (>2016) have a button on the centre console to activate the performance exhaust manually. But it looks like the 2015 GLA45s didn't have a button, or am I wrong? From what I can gather the performance exhaust on 2015 models is activated by selecting the Sports driving mode. Is that correct?

Is there any menu setting or check I can make to ensure the car I buy really does have the AMG Performance Exhaust? I'd hate to be mis-sold or ripped off!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Justin

Stevedol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W205 C Coupe C43
With my CLA45, which is a 2016 model, there is a button for activating/deactivating the Performance Exhaust in any drive mode.
With the 2015 and lower CLA, the Performance Exhaust had no button, and automatically came on in Sport+ (possibly Sport too).

I can only assume it was the same for the GLA and A too as they're all built on the same platform.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Get the VIN of the car you are looking at and we can decode it.

There is also an App you can get that does it for you called VIN Decoder for Mercedes Benz, it is a blue square with VD in white

Top Bottom