GLC AMG line mudflaps

Lons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 250d AMG-line, premium plus, night pack, Sept 2017
After frustrating conversations with dealer, Mercedes Benz customer service and UK aftermarket suppliers I couldn't get mudflaps to fit my car, GLC 250d AMG line / running boards. Rears especially were an issue, I found a dealer on ebay selling from China.

I questioned them specifically regarding my car and they sent a photo as below of the mudflaps assuring me they would fit so took a risk, paid by paypal to have some fallback and after 19 days they arrived this morning.

Exactly as shown a trial fit shows they are exactly what I need so I'm now a happy chappie.
They sell for the other variants as well so if anyone wants the link I'll post it.

Bob
mudflaps.jpg

OP
Lons

Lons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
They look the business. Thanks.

OP
Lons

Lons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fitted them today, took only around 10 mins per wheel so dead easy and a perfect fit. Marks in the photos are water as I'd just given the car a quick blast.

Attachments

• Mudflaps 2.jpg
    Mudflaps 2.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 73
  • N.S front 1.jpg
    N.S front 1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 70
  • N.S rear 1.jpg
    N.S rear 1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 71

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Lovely fit, look good

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Changing the subject Bob. Have you had any crabbing issues with your car as i was talking to a chap who had just taken his boss’s car out for a spin (new car) as the boss and him could feel it and it’s going back to MB. This subject was brought up before about the GLC but seems it’s still a problem.

OP
Lons

Lons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Changing the subject Bob. Have you had any crabbing issues with your car as i was talking to a chap who had just taken his boss’s car out for a spin (new car) as the boss and him could feel it and it’s going back to MB. This subject was brought up before about the GLC but seems it’s still a problem.

Not on mine Ian and I deliberately took it into a car park on full lock both ways during the initial test drive. It has 20" wheels which probably don't help but all season tyres which apparently do.
I'm quite happy with it so far.

Bob

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Read a lot about this too before getting ours. Also not felt anything at all. Same wheels as above on the 20s. Maybe they have now sorted this?

Mudflaps look a good fit...congrats on the car.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
On the flaps well done look very oem

richardr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350D AMG line Premium Plus
These mudflaps look really good fitted and i ordered some. They will take two months to arrive from China ( slow boat obviously). Would be much simpler if MB sold them for the AMG line with running boards.

OP
Lons

Lons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
These mudflaps look really good fitted and i ordered some. They will take two months to arrive from China ( slow boat obviously). Would be much simpler if MB sold them for the AMG line with running boards.
Mine took a bit less than that so you never know.

I've had a number of conversations with MB regarding the mudflaps as they waffled about the reasons for non availability and suggested they would affect the body if fitted. Some of their comments were so nonsensical it irritated me so I got a bit pedantic.;)

I suggested they were depriving their dealerships of potential profit and sent them photographs to prove they didn't spoil the look or bodyline and they should be available for those of us who want to protect the sides of our expensive investment from salt and stone chips. In my case they are also essential to also protect the front of my caravan when towing. They fobbed me off in the end saying they would forward the information to their development team.

The good thing is that the Chinese ones are less than half what they would be from MB and probably from the same factories.

richardr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Lons. Just been outside to look at my car and how i fit them when they do arrive and decided its too damn cold to even stand and look at it, so maybe arriving in the spring may be better (when it then starts raining).

Thanks for your comments, really helpful.

Do you have any thoughts on the Command online system, is it fast enough, can you connect to the internet, thoughts on Car Play or Android Auto unavailability.

OP
Lons

Lons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Lons. Just been outside to look at my car and how i fit them when they do arrive and decided its too damn cold to even stand and look at it, so maybe arriving in the spring may be better (when it then starts raining).

Thanks for your comments, really helpful.

Do you have any thoughts on the Command online system, is it fast enough, can you connect to the internet, thoughts on Car Play or Android Auto unavailability.
It took me no more than 10mins each mudflap and I didn't remove any wheels. You need a short or preferably angled screwdriver though.
internet connection seems slow but I'm in a poor area and I don't think my car has the software for apple play or android auto. I ise an iphone and never looked tbh

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
The android / Apple play was only available right at end of 2017. I believe our car was one of the earliest to be delivered with it in Oct 2017. Not sure why the GLC did not have it earlier. Great feature. Will need it in all cars going forward. Mainly for use of Google Maps but also useful for having messages read out to you and replying on the go.

OP
Lons

Lons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah mine was registered September 29th so probably just missed it.

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Ah mine was registered September 29th so probably just missed it.
Also to add. It was a cost option that you have to tick.

If you have COMAND which I think you mentioned above then no big deal. As the android not available with COMAND. So you may just prefer what you have as you get the bigger and sharper screen!! Horses for courses!

OP
Lons

Lons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I'm happy enough with the system I have, it's hard drive based and does all I ask of it.

richardr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In the latest MB configurator, if you select the premium plus option (£2999) and then tick the car play or android auto it then deselects the premium plus option. Reading further in the March 2018 brochure its says smartphone option is not available with command online. This seems somewhat atrange as i would think command online would why you would want it.

Coming from An Audi i do find some things with Mercedes are somewhat backwards.

T-BoneUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 2018
Hi, about to buy the same mud flaps. Did you just drill into plastic, you didn't drill into metal bodywork? I'm not keen on tapping into the metal of the car.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom