GLE 250 front suspension shudder

Vic Morris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 GLE 250 AMG
When I put a full lock and make a U turn, with my 2016 GLE, there is a grind/shudder feeling from the front wheels, almost like a wheel is loose. The garage said it is just the wheels and tyres, no cause for concern.
I have never experienced anything like this in 50 years of driving.
Any other owners experience this ?
Vic

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Well documented on the GLC and some other models like the new E63S, crabbing at lock. Google it and you’ll see the issue ( first time with the GLE though)
Mercedes seem to be ‘solving’ it by using all weather or winter tyres

OP
V

Vic Morris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 GLE 250 AMG
Thanks John, it is a bit concerning. I will Google it and ask another owner when I see one.
Thanks again.

Vic

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks John, it is a bit concerning. I will Google it and ask another owner when I see one.
Thanks again.

Vic
No problem - it is a very fine car in every other respect! Some pics would be nice :)

harrycatcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 ML 2.7 CDi Auto

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I have noticed this on my new W205. I have 19" C43 wheels on mine and its horrendous on lock. Steering wheel is off centre too. So much for a car with 35 miles on it and a dealer PDI.

Its going on my hunter machine next week and I'm going to look at the castor swing angle.

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 Ml63 AMG with performance package
My better half has had two brand new GLE's(works for Merc) and both of them have done it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom