GLE 500e questions

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Interesting that the review above mentions the road tax, but the OP has found the tax to be £0. Puzzled, but road tax seems very confusing to me, nowadays.
Personally, I couldn't live with the reduced boot space. I did look at one on Autotrader yesterday that had a lovely interior with pale diamond-stitched leather - why, oh why can't I find an E-class estate with an interior like that? The E400d's on Autotrader are all dark grey/black.

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
At more than 50g I thought there was VED? My i8 is 49 and zero ( just renewed)

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
- why said:
We tried to order an E300/400 coupe with a light interior as shown in MB's national advertising. But not available in UK. I think there was only black, black with red, black with white (!) and saddle brown. Disappointing. SWMBO went with hyacinth red + black with red leather. Not my choice!

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
The configurator on the website will let you choose Macchiato Beige leather. However, we won't be buying a new car so I am watching what is on the used market. And no-one seems to choose Macchiato Beige for their new cars. I think I found 6 or 8 E-classes of any description that mentioned the colour in the description - and half of those were full-fat AMG models, which probably can't be fitted with a towbar (more's the pity...).

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
The configurator on the website will let you choose Macchiato Beige leather. However, we won't be buying a new car so I am watching what is on the used market. And no-one seems to choose Macchiato Beige for their new cars. I think I found 6 or 8 E-classes of any description that mentioned the colour in the description - and half of those were full-fat AMG models, which probably can't be fitted with a towbar (more's the pity...).

For the saloon, yes. Not for the coupe. In fact I see that for the coupe, MB has now dropped the black with white option (perhaps not surprising) so it is now black, red/black or saddle brown ONLY.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
For the saloon, yes. Not for the coupe. In fact I see that for the coupe, MB has now dropped the black with white option (perhaps not surprising) so it is now black, red/black or saddle brown ONLY.

Interesting that the review above mentions the road tax, but the OP has found the tax to be £0. Puzzled, but road tax seems very confusing to me, nowadays.
Personally, I couldn't live with the reduced boot space. I did look at one on Autotrader yesterday that had a lovely interior with pale diamond-stitched leather - why, oh why can't I find an E-class estate with an interior like that? The E400d's on Autotrader are all dark grey/black.

That'll be the Designo trim one in Porcelain leather. Heated rear seats as part of the £6k Designo option.

I like my black/porcelain seats and trim on my W166 GLE.

The new model year BMW / Range Rover Evoque have black/white trim options, try similar to mine. Then again my exterior is Brilliant Blue but most are in black / silver. MB buyers are more traditional, set in their ways, it appears. :geek::D:cool:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
That'll be the Designo trim one in Porcelain leather. Heated rear seats as part of the £6k Designo option.

I like my black/porcelain seats and trim on my W166 GLE.

The new model year BMW / Range Rover Evoque have black/white trim options, try similar to mine. Then again my exterior is Brilliant Blue but most are in black / silver. MB buyers are more traditional, set in their ways, it appears. :geek::D:cool:
Not all...

OP
Quickbrit

Quickbrit

Reaction score
Website
www.2wf.com
Your Mercedes
2010 E Class 250 CDI Cab
I must admit I was chasing a designo interior (adds heated rear seats and steering wheel) but I couldn’t find a low enough mileage one (mine only has 22k).

This car is very nice to drive, it sits lower than my previous GLE, it also feels a tad quicker in steering. The brakes are obviously better too. It’s averaging out at around 32-mpg so far (which could be bettered if I didn’t keep getting into the throttle).

With the battery charged, it’s hellaciously fast. That instant torque from zero throttle is addictive. The midrange reminds me of my previous E63, again, it romps from 70 to about 110.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Not all...
There is probably no way that we will buy an E400d estate when the time comes to change if all we can find are charcoal black interiors. We would have to look at other marques... I don't think it's just that MB buyers are more 'traditional' - I think MB UK are actively cutting the choices available.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
There is probably no way that we will buy an E400d estate when the time comes to change if all we can find are charcoal black interiors. We would have to look at other marques... I don't think it's just that MB buyers are more 'traditional' - I think MB UK are actively cutting the choices available.
Choice costs the manufacturer money... You used to be able to pick individual items, now it's all different packs which makes it easier for them and more expensive for us :(
I had Macchiato beige in my W213 E220d, very nice it was, I do prefer grey leather though which I have in the SLK. My 911 had Cocoa interior which was very nice indeed.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Those batteries really reduce the boot space!!!!

GLE Boot.jpg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
An E400d All-Terrain with Porcelain Designo leather and a glass roof, that's all I would want... :geek:

Top Bottom