matthew k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 320 cdi Sport 7 seat estate
Spot on.If you have had the car for less than 6 months, it is not a 3rd party problem.It is for the dealer to sort out at his cost.He should authorise a dealer close to you to fix.
Agree, however, he doesn't have to. However if he chooses to attempt a repair or organize one himself it must be successful. Make it clear you're not going to accept it until that is demonstrable the issue has been resolved. If he does appear to have sorted it out I'd suggest an extensive test, before heading home. After dropping it off a polite but firm "I do not wish to collect the car until it has been fully repaired and tested" or similar will make your intentions clear.

Start a diary, make a note of every decision and conversation, both his and yours noting the date and time. It backs up your version of events, and makes your version of events more credible if legal redress is needed at a later date. Be polite and courteous, while retaining the high level of cynicism the motor trade still sadly deserves.

matthew k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 320 cdi Sport 7 seat estate
Agree, however, he doesn't have to. However if he chooses to attempt a repair or organize one himself it must be successful. Make it clear you're not going to accept it until that is demonstrable the issue has been resolved. If he does appear to have sorted it out I'd suggest an extensive test, before heading home. After dropping it off a polite but firm "I do not wish to collect the car until it has been fully repaired and tested" or similar will make your intentions clear.

Start a diary, make a note of every decision and conversation, both his and yours noting the date and time. It backs up your version of events, and makes your version of events more credible if legal redress is needed at a later date. Be polite and courteous, while retaining the high level of cynicism the motor trade still sadly deserves.

Sorry, just to be clear, he has to fix it, you've got 6 months statutory warranty. Plus, if you put £100 or more of the deposit/balance on your credit card section 75 protection too.

OP
Lee Edwards

Lee Edwards

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Gle/2016/350
59A12F33-A3A5-47CF-94F7-07A352AAAB08.jpeg 066C3EE2-7640-4663-AC26-3E12F25B12D1.jpeg 51053585-373B-4920-8D59-A09CDC509DE6.jpeg D97A7294-8F27-4382-8585-AD38B3980F1A.jpeg
Left front level sensor changed, problem solved.£60 MB (2 day order ) very happy!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom