glove box broke

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
:Oops: Hi i've just joined this forum as i bought a Clk 270cdi at the end of last year, and not surprisingly i have the same problem its a 2004 car with a changer in the glove box. please could you email me the info at
gingerross_uk@yahoo.co.uk

I have sent the removal instructions as that is all there is on this in case you have to replace anything

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hey could some one send me some info on how to fix the glove box on clk. its doing my nut in! its the catch!!

thanks

I can send you what I have and as the post above

woodchip34

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2003/200
hey

hey. thanks for the email. but i found that the catch on the glove box door is broken. would u know were you could get new or old new to replace it?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the catch is not on the list above then no parts and only a new lid unless you can make something

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
these glove box problems tut!

My problem is that the lock does not unlock and I have to pull at risk of scratching the wood to get it to open.

I have the locking barrel out at the moment having replaced various bulbs and assume the cable may have become unhitched near the internal part of the lock -movement on it seems to do nothing.
How does the compartment come out, or I gain access to rear of lock please?
stuart@south-of-france.info

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will be able to help soon, rotten computer gone down again

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
I will be able to help soon, rotten computer gone down again

Appreciate that Malcolm. Hope your Pooter is now behaving. wife's already moaning as she has caught her leg on open glovebox. Thats what happens when you open the door for a Lady!! Can't have your hands everywhere! well that doesn't apply to all Members we know - Alex!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Television I have the same problem in my CLK can you send me the info, my email is cail.co.uk

I have sent what I have on this

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Appreciate that Malcolm. Hope your Pooter is now behaving. wife's already moaning as she has caught her leg on open glovebox. Thats what happens when you open the door for a Lady!! Can't have your hands everywhere! well that doesn't apply to all Members we know - Alex!!

I will be a few days without a computer :D

The 129 had a cable that was part of the central locking and locked the box as well, not sure if yours has one.

m.mycat

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
Hi Malcolm
Not sure if its the same as R129.

I have an Airbag above box. Have taken off the door external but not too sure how to remove liner, or even the door inner held on by two side sliding arm supports.

Found two push in clips on lower part of liner and perhaps need to find some others inside or upper. Still not clear as to sliding arm supports. Perhaps the rubber square grommets pull out with the arms in situ? Don't want to break something and make it worse.

Thanks again.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will check it out as soon as I can:D

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
I thought I made some progress in that the right side arm did come out of the rubber grommet. The left however either has some sort of balance weight internally or its snagged by the cable to the lock. I can't see which. The "Airbag" above puzzles me as I can't see how this thing would inflate as it seems to be part of the dashboard molding.

I have pulled out two upper and two lower plastic push clips. Can't see any screw by the upper part of lock mechanism though there is a hole. Not keen to prod as airbag above!!

Inner liner is still very tight at top so will await any further advice Malcolm when you have your computer back?

Thanks

Stuart

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I should not be too long Stuart

drkongt

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270D
Glove box won't stay shut

Hi Television I have the same problem in my CLK can you send me the info, my email is craigmackay4@hotmail.co.uk

Hi! I seem to have this problem of the glove box not latching and therefore staying perpetually open on my 270cdi 54 reg. I would be very grateful for the information sent to me too at

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All sent and welcome

RAYAU

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK 200 Kompressor
Same old problem

Hi all newbe to forum and MB ownership. Low kilometer (40000) W209 CLK 200K Its the wifes car and has the same catch problem on the glove box with stacker. Would some kind soul please send all the collective wisdom and instructions to me please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryan'sBenzes

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
209/04/320
Hello, I m new to this forum. My 209 glove box lid doing same as other members, needed to be slamed. Now not latching shut. CD changer also in box. Could Television send me the same info. Year is 2004 if that makes a difference.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom