gnome ML270 owner

G

gnome

Hi I am a new member and I own a 2004 ML270 which I use to tow a twin wheel caravan. I bought the Merc for the comfort and reliability and am really happy with its performance.

OP
G

gnome

Thanks for your reply

We only have one problem and I dont know if you have also had it. When hooked up to the caravan on the 13 pin plug supplied with the vehicle from Mercedes, the fridge does not work and the leisure battery is not charging however everything else works. Many thanks gnome

w44nty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDI 2002,C180 Kompressor
Is the caravan wired about to a double or single socket,I had to have two cables from my ML to my caravan,one black for vehicle lights etc,one white for caravan fridge charger.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
We only have one problem and I dont know if you have also had it. When hooked up to the caravan on the 13 pin plug supplied with the vehicle from Mercedes, the fridge does not work and the leisure battery is not charging however everything else works. Many thanks gnome

As I recall when mine was setup, we setup the alternator to charge both batteries simultaneously. It is the simplest, no hassles way. However, it was necessary to isolate the van battery lead whilst in the engine starting phase to prevent current being drawn from the van battery to the starter - the lead would not carry such a level of current without melting. We installed a relay that only allowed current to flow when the ignition was in the "on" position and not when in the "start" position. Works fine. One can use fancy isolators etc but they are just another thing to go wrong. Have used this method many times with good results.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Hello and welcome,

We map a lot of 270's to tow a little easier, excellent vehicles!!!

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Hello and welcome,

We map a lot of 270's to tow a little easier, excellent vehicles!!!

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

I do agree. Mine was done 9 years ago and has never put a foot wrong. Much better throttle response with no apparent loss of economy.

OP
G

gnome

Many thanks for your feedback on the problem. Its a 13 plug feed to the van. Took car to local garage to check electric plug no feed to fridge. Garage said they can put a feed in just waiting for a quote. I didnt realise there would be a problem with it being a Merc fitted towbar.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom