Good Dealer Stories.

E320mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport 2007
Just reading through the replies! One thing stands out for me, if you guys on the mainland have a negative experience with one dealer, you have the choice of going to another one!
Sadly, we in Northern Ireland have only one franchised MB dealer!
They know they have the monopoly, so basically don't really care!
I know absolutely nothing about running a dealership, however I reckon I could go to agnews and make a few changes and potential customers would see the change!
Rule number one, doesn't cost anything to have good manners!!

xeostar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K 2009
MB of Huddersfield have been excellent for me so far.

I got bought a used C class a few months ago. When I viewed it it was a wet day and when I picked it up it was also wet. It was only after a couple of weeks that I got a dry day, gave it a wash and I found about 8 little paint chips down the nearside doors. They weren’t hugely noticeable but still there.

When I went back to the dealer to get my plates changed I mentioned it to the sales chap who straight away got the manager. By this time I'd had the car for over 3 weeks and I really thought they'd say sorry you should have spotted these at handover.

But no, with out any prompting he said no problem we'll come pick the car up from your place of work, drop you a loan car off whilst yours goes to the body shop to be repaired, no extra cost. True to their word they did just that and the repair looks top notch too. Couldn't have asked for any more.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
Nice thread - adds a little balance in this indy biased domain.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Norwich has now changed location, only round the corner, but you now have to drive through an archway to park round the back, and to get back to the forecourt you have to go through two receptionists.
Both try and pair you up with a sales guy and really don't understand "I just want to have a quick look at your stock."

I just don't even bother looking anymore, as it just makes me feel like I'm being difficult.

Parts department in Norwich seems pretty good. Always willing to help.

Sales guys really don't seem to want to know.
I spent over 6 months trying to get a drive of an E250 vs E350 to decided which one to go for, nothing.
Then he was amazed when I said I had bought an E350 elsewhere.
Then went to see him about swapping the E350 for a C250, he was very grateful that I gave him another chance, but never called me back to discuss further.

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
^ So a "good dealer story" then? :rolleyes:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
^ So a "good dealer story" then? :rolleyes:

Sorry, what I meant to put was...

stickandrudder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
lots
The best I can say about my local dealer is that they're good at making sure customers come and find me instead!
I recently noticed a lady in a 2 year old E class who'd broken down not 100m from my workshop. I offered her assistance but she said "No, I've misfuelled it but it's a lease car so it'll have to go back to the dealer".
I assured her that taking it back to the dealer was likely to prove prohibitively expensive and gave her my card.
Two weeks later she rang and said "Would you be so kind as to have my car recovered from the dealer and back to your place to get the misfuelling sorted out?"
She'd been quoted £7500 by the main dealer.....
I don't doubt there are some good dealers out there, mostly franchised ones rather than MB(UK) ones, but I'm delighted that my local one is carp!

Last edited:

Made_in_Stuttgart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI
Mercedes-Benz Skipton have been excellent every time I've been.

Sounds like Bradford and Huddersfield franchised dealers are good also, I think they may be part of Stratstone Group.

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
Norwich has now changed location, only round the corner, but you now have to drive through an archway to park round the back, and to get back to the forecourt you have to go through two receptionists.
Both try and pair you up with a sales guy and really don't understand "I just want to have a quick look at your stock."

I just don't even bother looking anymore, as it just makes me feel like I'm being difficult.

Sales guys really don't seem to want to know.
I spent over 6 months trying to get a drive of an E250 vs E350 to decided which one to go for, nothing.
Then he was amazed when I said I had bought an E350 elsewhere.
Then went to see him about swapping the E350 for a C250, he was very grateful that I gave him another chance, but never called me back to discuss further.

Norwich is my dealer from whom I purchased my car. I found the sales staff pretty good and patient. However, I do agree with your comments about the receptionists. Why one has to go though two reception desks (and one of the desks has two receptionists on it) I do not know; often they do not know who you have come to see; I am quite capable of walking to a service desk or to a sales desk myself without wasting my time; this level of unnecessary staffing make me realise how much extra is being loaded on to service bills! However the refreshment machine is good!

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Another good report for MB Swindon.

On checking my tyre pressures this morning I found the OSR valve wouldn't seal after adjusting the pressure. No matter how I tweaked the little pin air continued to leak out. I pumped it up and screwed the valve cap on tightly and headed off to my dealer (they fitted the tyres a few weeks back).

On arrival I was greeted by name and after I explained my predicament the car was whisked round to the workshop and 10min later returned, all sorted. Apparently the valve core had been contaminated (probably by me :Oops: ) , a bit of grit or something preventing it sealing.

A new core fitted, pressures adjusted, TPMS reset. No charge, enjoy the rest of your day sir!

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
I used MB Bishops Stortford a few times for servicing and once for a new glow plug on the CLK and had nothing but good service.They picked it up and dropped it back to my place of work at Stansted which was very handy.
Had one B service carried out by MB Chester on the E500 & I'm beginning to wonder if they changed the pollen filter as my screen has been misting a little lately when it's raining.They also picked up & dropped off at work & being a contract worker that saves me some money.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
...... However, I do agree with your comments about the receptionists. ......

I only went to collect my car last night from the dealer, I had already spoken to service desk earlier. It was like trying to pass Check Point Charlie getting passed the 3 of them at the front desk!
''Who do you want to speak?" to she asked.
Just going to service I replied
She then looked down to where all the service desks were & tried to imply they were all busy. In the end, I asked her if she had my car key, she looked puzzled & obviously replied No! So I suggested that I went to the service desk where I knew they had my key because I'd already spoken to them.
Less than 2 minutes later I was on my way out of the dealership with key in hand without the need of a receptionist.

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E63s S213, SOLD - 2013 Weistec E63 AMG, SOLD - 2004 E55 (x2)
I use the colchester dealership often and

- parts department - Great guys always helpfull and will spend the time getting information for you etc. I often ask for obscure items whilst im doing retrofits and mods and they are only too helpfull getting parts in and sometimes if they are the wrong parts they will try again !

- Service Department - are also helpful, basic service tasks they are good with and price up well, not always the best at troubleshooting IMO.

- Sales department - when searching for my car they were keen at first but after leaving details did not recieve a single call, only through my persistance i found what i was looking for via the mercedes network and another dealer group.

I wont mention any other dealership i have used to keep this a positive thread.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom