Good news

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Having given the SL its annual hose down in preparation for tomorrow's meet, I took pity on the S Class and gave it a thorough hand wash this morning.

Then I received a text from MB Cheltenham & Gloucester advising me that they are offering a free "Efficiency Check" this weekend.

I had intended to visit them at some point anyway - they are a bit off my normal beat but I wanted to give them feed back that, in 3 years since I bought it, the car has had no faults.

I popped in there this afternoon and met the man who sold me the car, although he is now rather more senior, and we had a congenial chat whereupon he arranged the efficiency check for me with the workshop.

I am delighted to say that it achieved a 100% pass. I have used 80% of the original brake pads in 46,000 miles, so will change them in 7,500 miles at the next service.

So today I have the peace of mind of knowing that at age 5 years:

1. the car has no rust (I do a pretty comprehensive wash)
  2. it has averaged 39.6 mpg over the last 4,000 miles
  3. it had zero faults when checked by STAR - and excellent feedback by the workshop manager
  4. the tyres have 6 mm tread all round (outer, middle, inner on all 4 tyres, spare unused).
And the value of decent used cars seems to be going up, not down!

Happy days. :D:D:cool:;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Having given the SL its annual hose down in preparation for tomorrow's meet, I took pity on the S Class and gave it a thorough hand wash this morning.

Then I received a text from MB Cheltenham & Gloucester advising me that they are offering a free "Efficiency Check" this weekend.

I had intended to visit them at some point anyway - they are a bit off my normal beat but I wanted to give them feed back that, in 3 years since I bought it, the car has had no faults.

I popped in there this afternoon and met the man who sold me the car, although he is now rather more senior, and we had a congenial chat whereupon he arranged the efficiency check for me with the workshop.

I am delighted to say that it achieved a 100% pass. I have used 80% of the original brake pads in 46,000 miles, so will change them in 7,500 miles at the next service.

So today I have the peace of mind of knowing that at age 5 years:

1. the car has no rust (I do a pretty comprehensive wash)
  2. it has averaged 39.6 mpg over the last 4,000 miles
  3. it had zero faults when checked by STAR - and excellent feedback by the workshop manager
  4. the tyres have 6 mm tread all round (outer, middle, inner on all 4 tyres, spare unused).
And the value of decent used cars seems to be going up, not down!

Happy days. :D:D:cool:;)

Your post will encourage me to get out of bed in the mornings:D:D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Yes before he bought it :D:D:D

Sorry but on this point I have to say that having had the 'pleasure' of being driven by the Right Honorable Gentleman in question he is most considerate when in charge of his mechanical steed and it is no wonder that it should achieve 100% - bet the garage were not happy about that though;)

Was that what you wanted me to say Alex?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I have used 80% of the original brake pads in 46,000 miles, so will change them in 7,500 miles at the next service.

One of the few benefits in still driving behind the man with the little red flag!:lol:

Russ

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Its always a releif when our car passes a test. This could be annual MOT or a more extensive test carried out by technicians.

I still remember when i put my car on STAR the first time, there was a big sigh of releif wheni was told there is nothing recorded as a current fault.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its always a releif when our car passes a test. This could be annual MOT or a more extensive test carried out by technicians.

I still remember when i put my car on STAR the first time, there was a big sigh of releif wheni was told there is nothing recorded as a current fault.

I got 4 pages of it :D:D guess that I am lucky

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom