Goverment scrapage scheme

124coupe

Reaction score
The bottom line is that its only open to people who own 10 + year old cars who can buy a new one. There are 2 sorts of people who drive 10 year old cars. Those who have classics - who won't swap for anyone, least of all £2000, and those who have no money and thats the best that they can afford. They aren't running a banger for the fun of it, they simply couldn't afford a better car, and given that they need to own it for 12 months, that must have been in the good days! So the gov is suggesting that someone who unwillingly runs a car worth £500 can afford to buy a euro box worth £10,000 just because its £8000. Then they can get the finance (We'll assume they aren't A+ risk profile) in the middle of a credit crunch. I would imagine that if those people could afford such payments they'd have leased a new corsa some time ago! Fact is that they'd be stretching and taking a massive risk to raise £3000 (I know, I used to be one of them) In this climate they aren't going to be too eager to take a risk and even if they did, they'd still be £5000 short.
Whoever put this plan together is numerically illiterate - oh, of course, it was our prime minister - the moron who got us into this mess in the first place.

Great summary - just to be picky it's £1,000 off not 2 - the other £1,000 and more from the dealer is there anyway.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom