Graphene, the new money puller..........

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I've been using the "Turtle Wax Ceramic Hybrid" range for about a year now and have been really happy with it. They have now added a "graphene" product to their range which I'm tempted to buy when it becomes available.

Was wondering if anyone has tried any "graphene" products and noticed any difference?

Deadeye-Detailing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI
Hi i own Modesta and also Aenso and get asked this alot. Just to let you know Modests is widely regarded as the worlds most exclusive and high end coating system in the world. Aesno is our mantanace line avalable to anyone. Evefything we make is done on house. We have Tomo, a Japanese chemical scientist who desigh9amd tests everything. The coatings are only avalble to tge very very best installers in the world. I hahe about 500 applications on my desk and only 12 jave bwen approved in 2 years in the UK. Previously the UK was given exclusivity to Paul Daulton. All Aenso products are developed and made in house using the finest grade materials avalable, nothing is out sourced or white labelled.

Tpu wont of heard of Modesta as we simply dont shout about it, our net work is massive through out the world and we dont make stupid clames of longevity or hardness. You can follow us on @modestauk or @aensouk

Any way re graphine, its basically a money spinner. I have taken this pist from Tomo. Obviouly i havent included the photos.

I have been asked for my opinions about Graphene coating by enthusiastic professionals in the past year. Some of you will find the following video interesting:

Laying one atom thick of two-dimensional graphene sheet on a car is not established yet. So maybe the only way we can use graphene at this stage is using it as an additive.

So some coating brands may have started selling coatings named "Graphene coating" which actually contain only minimum percentage of graphene oxide solution as an additive of their coating. Of-course some additives are effective even in very small amounts however, the color and solid of graphene tends to be an obstacle to increasing the amount added. The question is what they are trying to achieve with the additive? Colored solids are often unsuitable for automotive coatings as it tends to lower the refractive index to increase the gloss and too much addition also reduces the durability So it is difficult to put in the required amount to increase the hardness of the coating.

Our BC08 contains synthetic diamond, zirconia but we don't call it "Diamond coating" but glass coating. Our BC04 contains titanium dioxide but call it glass coating because those are additives not creating the main molecule structures.

Yes, we are all waiting for the dream material Graphene but probably a bit too early to get excited. After all, the most important thing is not what we use, but demonstrate the desired performance.

PS:
The picture shows the color of graphene oxide solution (0.01% / 0.1%). Pictures belong to the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization in Japan, so please don’t share or print.
#graphene #graphenecoating #grapheneoxide #grapheneoxidesolution #additive #coatingadditive #graphite

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom