Greetings, salutations and all that jazz

Irritable Owl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 sport select 2000
Well I have done it bought myself another Mercedes, I swore I wouldnt do it again after the last fiasco with a s class but I just couldnt resist, a 2000 C200 Sport Estate. picked it up this morning and brought her home. Partner raised an quizzical eyebrow then reminded me of all the unsavoury advanced ango-saxon language last time I had a Merc..BUT I just could'nt resist.
Anyway Hi everyone..the name is Chris and its nice to meet you all metaphorically speaking.
now if someone can just tell me how important the little button on the gearbox is thats has a S and a W on it, and should it really be flopping around loose like that....................................

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. Not sure what the buttons are because mine will be a little different than yours, suffice to say that I do have a button on the transmission but it has S. E. and M on it. The S means sport mode which as far as I am aware just makes the auto gearbox more sensitive. :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome. The S/W button is for putting the gearbox in summer or winter mode.
In W(inter) mode the gearbox slurs changes more, changes up earlier, is less inclined to change down and will start in 2nd gear.

Important? Not really - but its always best when stuff doesn't flap about!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Hello and welcome. The flappy abouty thing isn’t good no matter what part it is!

OP
Irritable Owl

Irritable Owl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 sport select 2000
Thank you all for the warm welcome

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom