Gremilins: Lower Wiring Harness Failure Symptoms?

dbmoylan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with symptoms of a failing lower wiring harness for a W140 Benz (1993 Benz 300SE)?

Although car runs well, am noticing an intermitten acceleration difference . . . sometimes peppy, sometimes not as peppy. Changed about every LH component associated w/ giving computer data so it can run the engine (i.e. MAF, O2 sensor, CIS sender, etc.). No fault codes are showing up on the tester.

Have also noticed that the IR does not function at times for only a few minutes after turning the engine off. I've changed the upper wiring harness years ago but noticed our forum colleagues as complaining about the lower harness with our W140 cars. I am attempting to ascertain if the IR response is somehow associated w/ the sluggishness experienced at times - potentially due to a short somewhere. Thanks.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
posting to bring this one to the top..

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom