Ground-breaking new Zymol product launched - Atomic Graphene Shield

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
That reviewer committed several errors in the application of the products, which will be made clear shortly.

But I will say, you need to properly cleanse the paint so there is nothing on it, then liberally apply the product (hence the instructions on the bottle), not give it a light wipe over.
So - you cant apply it over another product like wax as it wont bond.

mercman111

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 clk 350 petrol
on the detailing site they hate this item,they say that zymol have not replied to questions asked,do not buy

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
They may say that on the detailing site, and you will also therefore have noted my efforts to make it clear, which Zymols official video reinforces, that preparation (as in all detailing matters) is key.
Those that have grasped that this is new technology and requires a new way of thinking have had stunning results. Those that think they know better than one of the most respected and long established detailing brands have had their day of glory on the keyboard.
Why not make your own mind up by watching this:

As we all on here have seen the extra quality you get by buying a Mercedes-Benz then this Group at least may consider the cost of 18-24 months gloss and protection worth the asking price.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
They may say that on the detailing site, and you will also therefore have noted my efforts to make it clear, which Zymols official video reinforces, that preparation (as in all detailing matters) is key.
Those that have grasped that this is new technology and requires a new way of thinking have had stunning results. Those that think they know better than one of the most respected and long established detailing brands have had their day of glory on the keyboard.

As we all on here have seen the extra quality you get by buying a Mercedes-Benz then this Group at least may consider the cost of 18-24 months gloss and protection worth the asking price.
Damn good price for that protection !

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Can you get a sword to go with that atomic graphene shield ?

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I watched the above video and what really surprised me was the advice to "never use a wash mitt" when washing your car. o_O
Apparently from the video the only thing that should be used is a "closed cell sponge".
Now I have never heard of a closed cell sponge, but this sponge/mitt advice is the complete opposite of what has been commonly recommended for a long time.
Is this actually a thing now, or just advice confined to Zymol?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I watched the above video and what really surprised me was the advice to "never use a wash mitt" when washing your car. o_O
Apparently from the video the only thing that should be used is a "closed cell sponge".
Now I have never heard of a closed cell sponge, but this sponge/mitt advice is the complete opposite of what has been commonly recommended for a long time.

I assume its because this wonder juice lines the cells.

mercman111

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 clk 350 petrol
you would say that,your a dealer of zymol products

you would say that,your a seller of zymol products,its been tested on DETAILING WORLD and the one who tested it was the most respected tester,and he said steer clear

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
How does this product compare to the Turtle Wax product for a lot less money?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
it doesnt turtle wax is the better option,zymol might be better known but that doesnt make it a better product

To be honest, I think TW is the better known product they have been around since Adam was a boy.

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
To be honest, I think TW is the better known product they have been around since Adam was a boy.

I completely agree, it's like a Hoover but of the Car Wax world :)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's

I am keen to give it a go, but really not keen to use a closed cell sponge on the paintwork.

A wash mitt (lambswool) has definitely kept scratches and swirl marks at bay, in combination with a 2 bucket wash method.

mercman111

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 clk 350 petrol
I am keen to give it a go, but really not keen to use a closed cell sponge on the paintwork.

A wash mitt (lambswool) has definitely kept scratches and swirl marks at bay, in combination with a 2 bucket wash method.
if you dont do as they say it will give them amunition

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
1. Zymol make a closed cell sponge, Race Glaze do too - but I use a sheepskin wash mitt on all my cars. Its a sales pitch for that sponge, take it or leave it.
2. mercman111 - the tester on DW has used it, yes, but not with the recommended paint cleanser. Ditto the guy on YouTube. So they wont get the best results.
3. Turtle Wax use Graphene Oxide, otherwise known as Graphite, which is a black coloured and much cheaper product compared to the clear pure Graphene Zymol use. Hence the difference in price. Ford have been around a long time too - does that make their cars better than MB ?
4. AMF Automotive - if you apply it properly then you will achieve stunning gloss which will last midway between a wax and true ceramic coating

Top Bottom