What preparation does it need?

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Just back from holiday so apologies I've not been on here...

Product is due for release in 'mid-August' and we have an order in which we will airfreight over.

With respect to Turtle Wax, who make fine autostore products, Zymol are a tad more upmarket and have never produced sample products as their name is the guarantee that the product will work. Introducing samples presents wannabe famous YouTubers who don't know how to use a product a chance to slate something for a few gratuitous likes or complain its expensive.

Prep for Atomic Graphene Shield is the same as for most other products - wash, clay, cleanser, spray and wipe on. One of the beauties of the product is that its quick, easy and durable.

We are not offering discounts for forums, clubs, early orders etc - its same price to all - and is our general policy. I prefer it that way, avoids buyers getting a sinking feeling after they have purchased.

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Product due into us early next week !!

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Product is now in stock.

I've used it last night, its so easy - once paint is cleansed, spray on, wipe over to ensure even spread, leave for 2 minutes, quick spray again and buff off.

It leaves a very shiny, smooth finish, but as it was only last night cant report further. if it delivers its promises its going to be a wonderful product for a slick durable finish for far less effort than ceramics.

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
So, gathering results from talking to professional detailers and home enthusiasts on the product as its now been used on dozens of cars.
Comments are much as I found - very slick, smooth finish, high shine, easy and quick to apply though it really needs 2 cloths as the first one can get quite wet quickly.
Application by spraying in the centre of the panel and spreading by microfibre pad works well, and avoids overspray. Some report it as a little 'grabby' but isolated cases so it's therefore most likely down to the prep or paint.

A number of customers have reordered and we have a booming trade with Japan.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
How do you know ? Because they charge more, superior ingredients, better marketing?

I'm interested!

I know because I have used both TW and Zymol products and the Zymol is a superior product in EVERY way, easier to apply, longer lasting, the stuff just works well, it is a real quality product in every sense.

Their wax is so easy to apply, use HD-Cleanse first though to properly clean the paint, as a system is it hard to beat and not that expensive for what you get

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I know because I have used both TW and Zymol products and the Zymol is a superior product in EVERY way, easier to apply, longer lasting, the stuff just works well, it is a real quality product in every sense.

Their wax is so easy to apply, use HD-Cleanse first though to properly clean the paint, as a system is it hard to beat and not that expensive for what you get

Which TW products have you used? The TW Hybrid range has only been on the market for about 6 months - not long enough to even assess the longevity.....

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Which TW products have you used? The TW Hybrid range has only been on the market for about 6 months - not long enough to even assess the longevity.....

Past experience, wouldn't go back to them now. At the moment I am using AG, Bilt Hamber, Meguires and Sonax products and will be today on my fathers BMW X1.

Comparing TW to Zymol is like comparing a Volkswagen to a Rolls Royce, totally different products aimed at different markets.

As soon as I run out of some products I will be ordering some Zymol Graphene

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Past experience, wouldn't go back to them now. At the moment I am using AG, Bilt Hamber, Meguires and Sonax products and will be today on my fathers BMW X1.

Comparing TW to Zymol is like comparing a Volkswagen to a Rolls Royce, totally different products aimed at different markets.

As soon as I run out of some products I will be ordering some Zymol Graphene

Be interested to hear how you go with it.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

This is starting to look a very attractive product. If it is as good as the reviews say it is then it isn't an expensive product at all like some have said. :)

At what stage is it applied, the review said it can't be applied over polish and I have lashings of Bilt Hamber Speed Wax on mine :rolleyes:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
At what stage is it applied, the review said it can't be applied over polish and I have lashings of Bilt Hamber Speed Wax on mine :rolleyes:

I will keep my eye on it, have loads of products to use up first inc 2 Sonax UDS which I do love purely for ease of use

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
This is starting to look a very attractive product. If it is as good as the reviews say it is then it isn't an expensive product at all like some have said. :)

That reviewer didn't like it at all. Washed off the first time he washed the test panel.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom