Gutted

OP
A

admiral

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320
Thank you again for the suggestions. We are looking at the Renault / Peugeot type MPVs with 5star NCAP ratings after watching the video fo the Chrysler Voyager on the NCAP website, very disturbing. The french cars all perform very well though.

Ultimately, anything we do would be a compromise with the E320 rather than a long term solution.

Next year will be tough but hugley rewarding I am sure. The W210 has to go though and so I will be selling some time very soon, just waiting really until I have bought something else to ferry us around.
The car is amazing, we bought it from a deceased estate in Henleaze, Bristol with 11,000miles on the clock. It had been sat in a garage all of its life and run down to the shops and back very occasionally. I am told that the gardiner used to start her up regularly to keep the engine turning over. It has leather, parking, sunroof, electric front seats and little things like the original tool kit, First Aid Pack, a little box of Superguard cleaner, and the spare wheel still has clearly never been lifted.

I bought it with the intention to keep it forever but the twins mean that we go to a family of 5 under 3 years old and so we cant fit them all in. The car of course sailed though its MOT and people cant believe the mileage. She is like a nearly new, old car. Because I was intending to keep her, and she had not been serviced every year, I decided to do the last service rather than at a garage so doesnt have full service history, but the MOT's, colour of the oil and condition will verify the mileage and my service.
I have a file of paperwork with the original bill of sale and even the options list a brochure. I believe she cost c£44,000 in 2000.
We will be very sorry to see her go and I know that someone will enjoy her for many years.
We have used her and so the mileage is now c22,000 miles and my toddlers seat has been on the back seat.
A difficult thing to price and I had thought of waiting til the new year as its known to be difficult to sell a car in December or January? Please let me know if you would be interested.

Jonny

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
We bought an ML - Looked at all the "MPV's" and found we could buy a really good ML for very little money - we got it cheap and LPG'd it, but you could get one already converted, or get a diesel.

Thing is - a good £3k ML will still be worth £3k in a couple of years, a £3k Renault will be worth whatever scrap value steel has in a few years.

I would second the "Don't buy an Espace" thing - they really aren't a reliable car - The french don't do good electrics, and to put as many as they do in that car is asking for trouble.

Top Bottom