Handwash & two bucket method = waste of time?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I've been watching a documentary on Brabus.

When it arrives, the first thing they do to a car is wash it........................with a machine like you get at your local carwash with the big rotating bristles :eek::eek::eek:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Dealers aren't interested in the condition of the paintwork. You only have to see them washing down customers cars with a sponge and single bucket.

The two bucket method is still the best to avoid swirls and light scratches to your paintwork.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
[QUOTE="AMGeed, post: 1827802, member: 30950

The two bucket method is still the best to avoid swirls and light scratches to your paintwork.[/QUOTE]

I find the two-bucket method is right for washing a dirty car, even a moderately dirty car. Quite often I wash my car because it looks a bit dusty or because I want to be outside doing something. After wetting it down with the hose, one bucket is enough, followed by hose again, then dry. My wife's car gets less attention, so two buckets invariably.

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Bra
Dealers aren't interested in the condition of the paintwork. You only have to see them washing down customers cars with a sponge and single bucket.

The two bucket method is still the best to avoid swirls and light scratches to your paintwork.

Brabus are not a dealer......

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Open your wallet wide enough and they will be happy to oblige;):D

I though it was more a case of bending forward, dropping your trousers and opening you legs wide enough! - or am I thinking main dealer??:eek::eek:

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
I wondered why there were bars of soap on the floor in the showroom..

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500

Agreed. I remember watching a video of Larry Kosilla (Ammo NYC) on Youtube and he was saying that he gets good business out of paint correcting freshly delivered cars from the factory.. He showed a Porsche that wasn't in great nick for a brand new expensive car. Probably a GT3 or something I think.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom