Hardwire DashCam Switched and Permanent Feed

daz_2k_ad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C250 AMG Sport Bluefficient
Hi

I am after what cables would be the Ignition feed and permanent feed in my W204 C250 (2013). i have recently installed a thinkware dashcam and want to hard wire this unit in using the kit in the photo, (TWA-SH) i presume the yellow cable is the permanent feed and the red the ignition.

What i need to know is what these are on the plug to the main front interior lighting console? i have taken pictures of what i believe is the main feed plug to the unit, can anyone tell me what cables on this blue plug are permanent and ignition.

Hope i have not rambled on to much and thank you all in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Thinkware-H100-X300-Dashcam-Hardwire-Kit-PA-3-1.jpg
    Thinkware-H100-X300-Dashcam-Hardwire-Kit-PA-3-1.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 227

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
I took mine to the fuse box in the o/s/r. If you refer to your fuse chart, you can determine which fuses are ignition controlled or live without ignition.

Ernie

OP
D

daz_2k_ad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I took mine to the fuse box in the o/s/r. If you refer to your fuse chart, you can determine which fuses are ignition controlled or live without ignition.

Ernie

Thanks for the response but i would like to take it from the interior lighting console, its right next to the cam position and it obviously has a permanent feed and would imagine an ignition as the open door lights turn off when ignition turns on

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I tried to take mine for the SL from the OCP, but nothing switched that could supply the current needed for the camera. in the end I made up a tiny PCB electronic switch, and it only draws 2ma that enabled the camera to be switched, on the SL it was small enough to be tucked in a corner of the OCP mounting.

OP
D

daz_2k_ad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I tried to take mine for the SL from the OCP, but nothing switched that could supply the current needed for the camera. in the end I made up a tiny PCB electronic switch, and it only draws 2ma that enabled the camera to be switched, on the SL it was small enough to be tucked in a corner of the OCP mounting.

Sorry for my ignorance but i am unsure of the abbreviation, SL ( switched live ) OCP ?

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
I have the 204 and used the rear fuse box, same as Ernieh.
Very easy to get wires to the rear, with the wires completely tucked in behind trims etc without any removal of any parts.
Took me about 10 minutes to chase the wiring in, if that.
Dead easy if your wires are long enough.
W204 UK GOING4ACUPPA.

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
This may help you, it's info I sent by PM to help another 204 member out, hope it helps you if you decide to use the rear fuse box.....

Here's how I did my wiring to the rear fuse box.

Wire fron dash cam tucks up into roof lining, I left some slack but probably not needed.

Wire tucks in between the white roof lining and white liner on the A pillar, then goes to towards the rear of the car, under the black rubber at the top of the window.

When you get to the B pillar, tuck the wire between the roof liner and B pillar liner.
A little part of the wire can just be seen at the left of the pillar on this photo.

Tuck the wire under the rubber for the rear window. When you get to the rear seat area of the C pillar, the wire lays across between the pillar lining and the lower plastc cover, you can clearly see the wire in the photo. It lays there nicely, it couldn't be tucked in on my car. It then goes into the boot area and to the fuse box.

This is how mine is wired. Not saying it's the best way but it's what I chose to use after looking at the fuse sheet and testing with volt meter.
12V When ignition is on, from fuse point 76, use an in-line fuse. (white wire on my dash cam power box, listed as acc)
12V From battery, left pin of fuse 46. (yellow wire on my dash cam power box)
Neutral, black wire connected to earth point. Handy bolt to the right of the fuse box on the car body.

NOTE:
I might have put the large socket end (cigarette lighter end) in the boot area and passed the small connector from the boot area to the front, then fitted as above.
If you don't pass the small connector end of the wire through a gap at the rear seat area first, you may have a problem getting the bulky end through any small gaps as you get to the rear seat section.

OP
D

daz_2k_ad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have the 204 and used the rear fuse box, same as Ernieh.
Very easy to get wires to the rear, with the wires completely tucked in behind trims etc without any removal of any parts.
Took me about 10 minutes to chase the wiring in, if that.
Dead easy if your wires are long enough.
W204 UK GOING4ACUPPA.

Think i will go with the rear fuse box, I have already got a cable from front to back as the dash cam is 2 channel so the rear cam has been fed over the roof lining.

Thanks for taking the time on the tutorial and the pin details very much appreciated.

andrewjohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 c 220 diesel estate type 204 k
Which fuse in the rear fusebox

I have run in the cable for the dash cam supply to the rear fuse box, as the box that should be by the A post does not exist. All of the fuses appear to be permanent live, no switched feeds?

andrewjohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Ernie
I dont habe a fuse chart. where did you find yours?

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
I believe the estate version of the 204 has a different fueebox arrangement/position than the saloon.

Umble

Last edited:

andrewjohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On a 20213 c class estate there is a switched fuse connection on the fuse board located in the O/S rear see photo.

Top Bottom