Has anyone fitted front daytime driving lights to a 119 CLS?

OP
DeltaD

DeltaD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI AMG
Ideally they want to dim or extinguish when 'night' lights are in use. As well as if close indicators are operating.
On a Vito I installed LED dual lamps into the indicators. Bonded into the lamp holder the DRL feed was drilled through the back.
I picked up the feed from a spare fuse in the fuse box and that was extinguished via a relay powered from the sidelight.

I think it was something like this kit I adapted
Many thanks

OP
DeltaD

DeltaD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI AMG
Ideally they want to dim or extinguish when 'night' lights are in use. As well as if close indicators are operating.
On a Vito I installed LED dual lamps into the indicators. Bonded into the lamp holder the DRL feed was drilled through the back.
I picked up the feed from a spare fuse in the fuse box and that was extinguished via a relay powered from the sidelight.

I think it was something like this kit I adapted
Thanks

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
DRL’s only need to dim if they are within a certain distance to the headlamps, so with the Brabus option I was mentioning (and @Blobcat reminded me) they didn’t need to dim and you still had cornering function as there was both fog and DRL’s present.
I nearly bought a 219 like that a few years ago, just didn’t complete the deal as they didn’t want to part ex my plug at the same time, it was a cracking motor though with distronic and airmatic too

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
DRL’s only need to dim if they are within a certain distance to the headlamps,
I would be grateful to be educated about the source of this rule. Thanks

OP
DeltaD

DeltaD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI AMG
Television fitted some to one of his R230’s and had a few issue, LED strips were still quite new at the time
Any chance of a photo of the front of your car.
DRL’s only need to dim if they are within a certain distance to the headlamps, so with the Brabus option I was mentioning (and @Blobcat reminded me) they didn’t need to dim and you still had cornering function as there was both fog and DRL’s present.
I nearly bought a 219 like that a few years ago, just didn’t complete the deal as they didn’t want to part ex my plug at the same time, it was a cracking motor though with distronic and airmatic too
Thanks. Yes you‘re right, a really good car.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I believe it’s under some of the UNECE directives, afraid I couldn’t say which one exactly though, @Craiglxviii might know exactly though
300mm to the nearest position of the lens from memory.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I fitted 90mm LED on my 216 in place of the front fogs , the fogs themselves , I just turned to face backwards as there was enough space , then simply wired up + & - with a piggyback fuse from the fuse box , looked factory and no issues in 2 years with them in use

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I fitted 90mm LED on my 216 in place of the front fogs , the fogs themselves , I just turned to face backwards as there was enough space , then simply wired up + & - with a piggyback fuse from the fuse box , looked factory and no issues in 2 years with them in use
In fairness the DRL regulation beam pattern is, technically, a bit crappy. So almost certainly never likely to be pulled up on it.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
In fairness the DRL regulation beam pattern is, technically, a bit crappy. So almost certainly never likely to be pulled up on it.
the rozzers have bigger fish to fry than someone rocking DRLs that are 3mm out of regulation pal lol

OP
DeltaD

DeltaD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI AMG
Thanks for all your replies. Much appreciated

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
there's actually a regulation? :rolleyes: On my way to work yesterday morning at o'crack sparrow fart I saw a car on just DRLs ... the dazzle from them was unbelievable. Obviously none on at the back pf his/her car.

Reactions: M80

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom