Has anyone used this Bristol garage

CarolineSomerset

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 1.5 2005
Hi

My car has an intermittent starting problem...Joy. It has been suggested I take the car to a Merc Independent garage. Has anyone has experience with this garage and would you recommend them. Thank you. Oh and I live on the Somerset Levels if anyone has suggestions for garages.

B.G Griffiths
in Bristol

Thank you.

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
I dont know them, but Avantguard is extremely well regarded and thought of around these parts

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think they are Portishead

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
OP
C

CarolineSomerset

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 1.5 2005
I dont know them, but Avantguard is extremely well regarded and thought of around these parts
Hands up Im not sure I can afford Steve! Lockdown has had a knock on effect the ole finances and I have spent quite a lot on the car so far, hope I can say that out loud :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hands up Im not sure I can afford Steve! Lockdown has had a knock on effect the ole finances and I have spent quite a lot on the car so far, hope I can say that out loud :)
Don't be put off by the mention of SLR's on his website Caroline, he services all MB's at comparable rates to any other 'independent', and a darn site cheaper than MB main dealer! For what it's worth it's likely the CPS as someone else mentioned, but a quick diagnostic will narrow it down rather than chasing shadows...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Understood, however you could pay 3 or 4 times as much with a garage who don't know Mercedes and charge you for their on the job training...

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would agree, Steve might be 30% dearer per hr, but if he finds the fault in 2 mins not 3 hours it will be cheaper.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
If you think it’s expensive hiring a professional , wait until you hire an amateur :)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
My previous E55 had a service at BG Griffith before I owned it, where the plugs were ticked in the service book as changed.
When MBS did the next plug service he remarked they had never been changed before in his opinion and that was at 100k miles..
Make what you want of that.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
The internet is pretty ruthless when it comes to reviews. The google reviews seem very positive of the garage you mention.

Give them a call, describe the problems with your car and go with your gut in how you feel, customer oriented, knows what he is saying, fobbing you off etc etc.

Good luck and do keep us posted as to the starting issues you are having.

OP
C

CarolineSomerset

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 1.5 2005
My previous E55 had a service at BG Griffith before I owned it, where the plugs were ticked in the service book as changed.
When MBS did the next plug service he remarked they had never been changed before in his opinion and that was at 100k miles..
Make what you want of that.
Wow thanks for letting me know, how awful!

OP
C

CarolineSomerset

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 1.5 2005
Don't be put off by the mention of SLR's on his website Caroline, he services all MB's at comparable rates to any other 'independent', and a darn site cheaper than MB main dealer! For what it's worth it's likely the CPS as someone else mentioned, but a quick diagnostic will narrow it down rather than chasing shadows...
Good point John, Thanks

OP
C

CarolineSomerset

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 1.5 2005
The internet is pretty ruthless when it comes to reviews. The google reviews seem very positive of the garage you mention.

Give them a call, describe the problems with your car and go with your gut in how you feel, customer oriented, knows what he is saying, fobbing you off etc etc.

Good luck and do keep us posted as to the starting issues you are having.
I will, I will if I get this problem isolated and fixed it will be wonderful and it might help someone else with the same issue, although as of course you know all Mercs are sacred...errr individual :)

OP
C

CarolineSomerset

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 1.5 2005
I would agree, Steve might be 30% dearer per hr, but if he finds the fault in 2 mins not 3 hours it will be cheaper.
2 minutes Crikey he's fast! :) Goof point MBDevotee

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom