Have I over priced my SL500??

OP
A

anton1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Porsche Boxster S, MY08 S Class
Good news, as I always believed first to see bought. Unfortunately Ian I had to take a reasonable drop in price. The new owner sent round a very thorough mechanic called Oliver from Prestige cars down by the South coast who believed the ASR was not working as it should. This apparently can be very cheap or very expensive, so the new owner had good leverage in his negotiations.
That said the new owner seems a true enthusiast so it's good to see a top car go to a top home.
Cheers for all the advice on this car!!

Ironically my Father just sold his SL65 Bi turbo, and guess what he was persuaded to take in part exchange??? Yep an 89 500 SL. Dont think he wants to keep it so there will be a bargain SL coming soon.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes i sent that guy round please drop my commission cheque in the post asap thank you..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
We have someone here looking for one

Setanta

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W140
Well done. Don't know if you could trust that Oliver character though! *joking - he is an extremely well respected mechanic and honest to a fault - hence why so many people here, myself included, use him*

The SL65 sounds great - there are a few 65's (CL's and SL's) on the market at the moment

OP
A

anton1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Apparently it is in great condition silver with FSH and a recent engine overhaul, but my Dad is a bit mad and wants to have a few bits done before selling so that he is selling it in absolute perfect condition. I know he wants a bargain price for this after I explained these cars arent the easiest to sell, and also I think he was happy with the price he got for his beast! If anyone is interested they can PM me and I can get the details from my father.

OP
A

anton1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Indeed Setanta Oliver was polite - punctual(he travelled from south coast to Surrey) and very thorough - I would recommend him for an inspection all day long.

The SL65 BI TURBO really did sound great!!! It was a Carlsson example and was truely breathtaking - only fault - the chassis simply could not cope with the power!

ianh2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 Audi 2.8 cabriolet
Hi Anton.
i would be interested in your fathers car.
Let me know how things go....

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom