Have you had a problem that has been fixed by a forum post?

blaser24nig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stunning SL350 - Gone
Ummmm, where do I start?!

ok, The nice people on this forum helped me buy my car (giving me advice amongst other things),

Helped me when I needed to service my car by pointing me towards MBS who are simply the best,

Pointed me towards brabusuk who gave me 40% discount on parts,

Helped me when the plastic piece on my rear windscreen broke (dealers wanted to charge to fix the new one)...

That's all for now I think.

So once again thanks everyone...

Last edited:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Ummmm, where do I start?!

ok, The nice people on this forum helped me buy my car (giving me advice amongst other things),

Helped me when I needed to service my car by pointing me towards MBS who are simply the best,

Pointed me towards brabusuk who gave me 405 discount on parts,

Helped me when the plastic piece on my rear windscreen broke (dealers wanted to charge to fix the new one)...

That's all for now I think.

So once again thanks everyone...

Editor's note: 405 discount is really 40% (% is an upper case 5).

A bit like that famous IT fault, the ID 10 T :D

raginbull

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 270 cdi 2003
servicing

I read this forum before tackling my own servicing on a CLK 270 cdi. It gave me the confidence to do it myself and save £100's. Thanks!;):D

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Editor's note: 405 discount is really 40% (% is an upper case 5).

A bit like that famous IT fault, the ID 10 T :D

Bit like my taxi drivers licence ID (licence no) 10 T (taxi) lol, I'm so glad that I have a combined licence now and the T has dissapeared. The local council has graciously allowed me to drive a minicab as well for an extra fee for something I'll never use. they say it saves them money but it costs ME money.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
A friend when asked about what car he drove .. a clio.. always referred to it as a CL 10

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I have asked what appears now to be silly question on this forum ,yet i always get an answer (some are even good answers:) ) but all joking aside the forum has been of great help to me and saved me £££s .So thanks to anyone who has assisted me and there is a special few who are great and with very quick reponses ..)dont want to mention any names) Malcolm,,A Crow ,cole@mbs, paul hayward..Whitenemesis thats it ,too many too many to mention so thanks to all who assisted has helped me out and please keep doing so. :) :)

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
I have lost count of the number

of helpful replies and problems solved since MJTray answered my first question in 2004. (OVP relay for a w202, £45 and 5 mins fiddling and I've been here ever since)

I have had help and humour from dozens of people. I've even met some of them, and that just has to be the social icing on the cake.

spandu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 avantgard convertable 2000
problem solved

As a new member i must say this Mercedes site is excellent,by reading many of the previous posts i have solved several problems with my recently purchased 04 C Class 270 CDI Estate.

spandu:D

HZ123

Reaction score
Thanks

Likewise ! We have bought an R170 2002 3 months ago and the help and hints of what to look out for and be aware of have been invaluable.

Most recently (as we are now still in the Monsoon season ) blocked drainage front and back.

In addition many of the threads are interesting as well.

Wishing all of us a happy and hot summer !

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Yes

Like many I arrived with a problem. Cost effective solution advised and acted upon.
Other possible ''weaknesses'' of my car have been brought to my attention and acted upon.
I have little doubt that the inherent knowledge of some of the Posters on this Forum have saved me money and grief.

Mic

mya160

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2001
Yes, yes, yes.

This forum is invaluable.

The members are friendly and share their knowledge without hesitation, in a manner that makes sense.

Thank you, very much.

KenM:D

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Would like to add, I like others arrived with a problem which was resolved by forum members in a friendly manner. None of this you must belong to the clique before we aknowledge your existance malarky. I for one have stayed around. :)

I also use the thanks buttons as well!

surfer_2010uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 E320 CDi
Yes !! :)

Been helped countless number of times by Malcolm (television), whitenemesis, Alex, Jberks, npuk to name but a few.

Always helpful and informative and sometimes encouraging !

Javed (surfer_2010uk)

Regards.

:):):)

Last edited:

tonyerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cd220 2004 w203
Help from MB Forum

The forum has helped me on a at least 3 occassions with faults relating to cam sensor; maf sensor and recently a broken hand brake cable producing a iritating whirring noise. So thanks MB forum ! :D

dranoel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
180se b class 2016
have seeked advice on several occassions and the responses have been great. Thanks to all

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
Well doctor I had this itch that i couldnt scratch..........But I started reading some posts by a certain person who coincidentally shares the same surname as me, his enthusiasm in obtaining a new car (to scratch his itch) led me to think that maybe thats what I need. Plenty of counting pennies and crawling to my better half soon got me on the way to recovery(and a lovely CLS) and here I am today........itch free and with:) a b****y big smile on my face. Thanks Paul.

B

bobceeuk

This forum is one of the best tools possible for any MB owner.
I've learned a lot whilst keeping the best company possible.
My first visit here saved me around £2,000. Thanks to advice and pointers from several of you the problem was solved for £50 and ten minutes of my time.
Thanks to finding a good group of indies here I shall be able to get one little niggle sorted for a fraction of what a dealer would charge once I can spare the car for half a day.

HZ123

Reaction score
Already commented in the affirmative. It is also friendly unlike the USA one Policed by the retired Master Sgt. Have a great weekend.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom