1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you seen these aftermarket floor mats

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by firstholidayhomes, Mar 21, 2012.

1. firstholidayhomes

firstholidayhomes Banned

Your Mercedes:
    CLK CONVERTIBLE AVANGARDE 2003 BLACK
    Hi. Just seen some brilliant looking aftermarket car mats.
    Looks like they`ve just started them but look amazing quality.
    was browsing for my CLK Convertible as we are sadly letting her go in a few weeks.:(
    Anyway they are here.http://www.carmats2u.co.uk/mercedes-car-mats-36-c.asp
    Gonna get a set to make the floor look brill. Looks like you can customise them on the website too.
    Il try post a pic when they are fitted
    Happy motoring
    :eek:

2. Kyliewww

Kyliewww Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
    Would be interested in you opinion and any pictures once fitted.

3. Uncle

Uncle Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS Shooting Brake 350 Blutec - W163 ML270 Inspiration Family & Lux pack - BMW Z3 1999 2.0
  4. Mic

Mic Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
    They are very cheap......interesting to learn about quality in due course.

Mic

5. Quick Silver

Quick Silver Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R129 1990 SL 300..
    I have tried these, nothing wrong with the quality for my SL but getting the drivers mat to stay in place is a PITA

6. Dosco

Dosco Active Senior Members

Your Mercedes:
    W211
    Used them to replace worn out items in my last Merc all okay on the wear front but curled up at the corners:( bit like the owner really:)

7. busters the boy!

busters the boy! Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    1989 W124 230e
    The platinum ones certainly look plush.

Am I being a dafty or are they supposed to clip into the car's carpet fixings? Or are they mats that go over the carpet?

8. 47p2

47p2 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Slk
    I've ordered a set for the Audi, will report back once they arrive

9. 47p2

47p2 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Slk
    Well my mats arrived today and I have to say a BIG BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

Before ordering the mats I emailed the company to ask if they did Audi A8 LWB Mats and was told they did, just add a note to the order stating it is a LWB vehicle, so that is what I did.

I ordered the Super Lux Carpets which I presumed were the fantastic looking mats on the home page of their website...

These ones...
    [​IMG]

Sadly the pile of the Super Lux carpet mats looks nothing like the picture above, or maybe I should have gone to Specsavers :shock:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I checked the rear mats, they had sent mats for the standard wheel base

Original mat underneath the new mat
    [​IMG]

I emailed them with my concerns stating that I felt their website was unfairly representing mats that are not on the list and the reply was this

Then a second email arrived

Well I really can't believe I'm the first person to have ordered their Super Lux Carpet mats thinking I was getting the product on the home page and then being disappointed when the product arrived...Am I missing something here? am I really getting too old and the internet is beyond me?

10. Xtractorfan

Xtractorfan Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S class
    No.. you are like a lot of other people, expected to be reeled in by the picture of the top end version..and then told not to be soo fussy when they send you the lesser quality, of course you are the only person to complain ....from your address.. You really dont think that they are gonna tell you hundreds of other people complained as well..
    Surprised they didn't tell you to try their new mat underneath the original and you wouldn't see the difference

11. 47p2

47p2 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Slk
    The thing is XT I ordered the top of the range that was available in the Audi section. Just checked the MB section where they have the Platinum Europe's Finest Range as top of the range :shock:

The quality of the Super Lux Carpet mats are nothing near the quality of the OE Mercedes mats that I had in the S-Class, which incidentally lasted me 4 years a set, I really can't see these new mats lasting 2 years before needing replaced.

I was asked by my mate to purchase a set of mats for his new Range Rover last year and went to Land Rover for them, they cost £150.00 but the quality was as shown in the top picture, deep pile, thick luxury mats. That is what I thought I would be purchasing.....

Oddly enough I think this guy works from home as I just sent him an email about 10 minutes ago and he has replied already.....at midnight :shock:

Caveat emptor

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  12. Alex M Grieve

Alex M Grieve Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
    very useful post John. I suspect that most of us would not experience the same levels of wear and tear, so it would be sensible for the majority to treat their "pride and joy" to a set of OEM mats, which would be unlikely to lose their good looks or need to be replaced.

"Buy cheap and you buy dear", as my old Scots grandmother used to say. :(

13. Kyliewww

Kyliewww Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
    I'm not surprised that you are dissapointed. Do you still get the "Lifetime Guarantee" :rolleyes:

14. 47p2

47p2 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Slk
    I usually only buy OE Alex, but when I saw what this mob had to offer I thought the mats looked much better than OE and decided they would be rather nice underfoot. I've checked out their website yet again and I still feel it's misleading

The lifetime guarantee only covers the 'Platinum Europe's Finest Range' :(

15. Alex M Grieve

Alex M Grieve Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
    Sadly, it is a fine line between really smart advertising and "missleading".

It is a similar concept to political transparency!

16. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Yes interesting post, sadly the figures they quote are meaning less to most, the backing appears to be so light compared to genuine versions, with the result that they curl very easily, and the original mats never curl.

There are probably 20 firms making mats if you do a web search.

I was lucky in getting a original set for my CL as near new as one could get for £40

17. Mic

Mic Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
    I am very satisfied with the set of mats that I bought for the CL from Classic Mercedes Mats.......but I did pay £123.99 delivered. They are made to Order in Germany.
    It does sound as though, for slip mats at least, you get what you pay for.

Mic

18. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Very true Mic,, this makes the original not very expensive, it think the most MB mats are in the £90 range so for a 1 off not expensive for what you have bought

19. umblecumbuz

umblecumbuz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S204 and CLC 204 cdi, other non-Merc machines
    Sometimes it works.

I have just received a full set of 550gsm mats with contrasting piping for my JapJeep.
    They are well-made, good-looking, and fit to perfection, with a built-in heel protector for the drivers side - also with pretty contrasting piping.
    Better quality than I really need, because they will soon get covered in mud, and regularly hosed down. Unbelievably, all for £22 delivered.

There is one big snag, that is now the subject of an email trail between me and the supplier - the drivers side mat has been made for a lhd car (and mine is rhd). Whether the manufacturer will rectify without hassle remains to be seen over the next few days.

As it happens, the lhd mat still fits well enough, but obviously I want what I ordered. If they get this sorted willingly I will try their top quality for my other cars.

Baz

20. MBDevotee

MBDevotee Active Senior Members

Your Mercedes:
    53 270CDI CLK Avantguard + ML500 with LPG
    Is it just me that thinks possibly first holiday homes has some link to this company...?

He seemed very over the moon, and does he have any history of any other posts on this forum???