Have you seen these aftermarket floor mats

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Is it just me that thinks possibly first holiday homes has some link to this company...?

He seemed very over the moon, and does he have any history of any other posts on this forum???

Good spot there MBDevotee...I never noticed that before, I just hope if he does he takes onboard what I have said....Also I am still waiting on the LWB rear mats arriving :(

AMck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E320cdi S211, SL320 2000(written off), Lotus Excel
Is it just me that thinks possibly first holiday homes has some link to this company...?

He seemed very over the moon, and does he have any history of any other posts on this forum???

Well a little searching yields the following information

Firstholidayhomes according to his profile is from Stoke.

carmats2u.co.uk is owned by Graig McKenzie from Stoke

A Graig Richard McKenzie of Newcastle-Under-Lyme was a director of a company called ...............?????

First Holiday Homes Ltd which was dissolved in 2009

Anybody want to draw any conclusions from that ?

Also anyone spot any similarities in this - http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=190219

I have no personal experience of this company, but this does seem more like an advert than a genuine recommendation.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well my replacement mats arrived yesterday, not only the two rear ones but a full set of four :shock: A great deal you might think but they are a different shade from the other set so maybe just as well they sent the four.

So I took the original mats out and fitted my aftermarket mats, well tried, well did, sort of. They look the same and have the same fittings but they are just ever so slightly not correct, a bit like putting your left hand glove on your right hand, it fits but its not right...

Serves me right for buying cheap aftermarket products :(:(:(

Would I recommend them? NO

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I bought a set of mudflaps for my 140 CL from them, they were original and £23 so very pleased with the that

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The last time I bought non OE parts I had problems with the fitting of said part, that was 10 years ago, looks like I will just need to stick with the real deal in future

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The last time I bought non OE parts I had problems with the fitting of said part, that was 10 years ago, looks like I will just need to stick with the real deal in future

The snag is that mats soon run out at the dealers after say 5 years, it is a big stocking problem with so many colours

busters the boy!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230e
Well a little searching yields the following information

Firstholidayhomes according to his profile is from Stoke.

carmats2u.co.uk is owned by Graig McKenzie from Stoke

A Graig Richard McKenzie of Newcastle-Under-Lyme was a director of a company called ...............?????

First Holiday Homes Ltd which was dissolved in 2009

Anybody want to draw any conclusions from that ?

Also anyone spot any similarities in this - http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=190219

Good detective work!

The thread that you linked to is quite an eye-opener.

47p2, can you get a refund if you paid via Paypal or credit card? According to the thread linked to above, they strung along one customer until his time was up to claim a Paypal refund.

Just goes to show how unscrupulous some people can be where money is concerned. OP even suggested that this forum owner contact them to arrange a member's discount! Sneaky.

Top Bottom