Have you seen these aftermarket floor mats

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK CONVERTIBLE AVANGARDE 2003 BLACK
Hi. Just seen some brilliant looking aftermarket car mats.
Looks like they`ve just started them but look amazing quality.
was browsing for my CLK Convertible as we are sadly letting her go in a few weeks.:(
Anyway they are here.http://www.carmats2u.co.uk/mercedes-car-mats-36-c.asp
Gonna get a set to make the floor look brill. Looks like you can customise them on the website too.
Il try post a pic when they are fitted
Happy motoring
:eek:

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
was browsing for my CLK Convertible as we are sadly letting her go in a few weeks.:(
Gonna get a set to make the floor look brill. Looks like you can customise them on the website too.
Happy motoring

They are very cheap......interesting to learn about quality in due course.

Mic

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Happy motoring

I have tried these, nothing wrong with the quality for my SL but getting the drivers mat to stay in place is a PITA

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Used them to replace worn out items in my last Merc all okay on the wear front but curled up at the corners:( bit like the owner really:)

busters the boy!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230e
The platinum ones certainly look plush.

Am I being a dafty or are they supposed to clip into the car's carpet fixings? Or are they mats that go over the carpet?

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I've ordered a set for the Audi, will report back once they arrive

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well my mats arrived today and I have to say a BIG BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

Before ordering the mats I emailed the company to ask if they did Audi A8 LWB Mats and was told they did, just add a note to the order stating it is a LWB vehicle, so that is what I did.

I ordered the Super Lux Carpets which I presumed were the fantastic looking mats on the home page of their website...

These ones...
platinum-incar.jpg

Sadly the pile of the Super Lux carpet mats looks nothing like the picture above, or maybe I should have gone to Specsavers :shock:
P1040910.jpg

P1040907.jpg

Then I checked the rear mats, they had sent mats for the standard wheel base

Original mat underneath the new mat
Rear_Mat.jpg

I emailed them with my concerns stating that I felt their website was unfairly representing mats that are not on the list and the reply was this

The carpet grade is exactly as ordered 980gm this is higher than others and is a high graded pile.
Please don’t think that they should be 2 inch thick, the mat grade goes on
the pile and this is 980 gm grade.
This is better than you will get at in the uk at the the price too and are
our best sellers.

We do a 4070gm mat grade which is the best in Europe but these will cost you £125 a set.
The factory are indeed looking at the difference in the mats sent and will
be in touch asap to see what the problem was with the LWB..

Then a second email arrived
I have have just heard back. A new set of the correct rears are being sent
to you as they sent the standard rears.
I have just had confirmation that the rears will be made tomorrow and sent
right out to you.
I am sorry for the mix up and hope that I managed to rectify this problem in
a timely manner for you.
Regarding the mat quality and the site being misleading, I strongly
disagree. We sell over 200 sets per week and you're the first to ever say
this?
There are also many images of the different grades and to base your order on
an image on the home page and not the image actually on the page you ordered
from.
I can also confirm that we are the cheapest in the UK for this grade and you
cannot get this grade any cheaper than us anyway. As we are the main
suppliers.
Nor will you get the leather look edge at the same price.
The new rears are on the way out to you tomorrow.

Well I really can't believe I'm the first person to have ordered their Super Lux Carpet mats thinking I was getting the product on the home page and then being disappointed when the product arrived...Am I missing something here? am I really getting too old and the internet is beyond me?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
No.. you are like a lot of other people, expected to be reeled in by the picture of the top end version..and then told not to be soo fussy when they send you the lesser quality, of course you are the only person to complain ....from your address.. You really dont think that they are gonna tell you hundreds of other people complained as well..
Surprised they didn't tell you to try their new mat underneath the original and you wouldn't see the difference

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The thing is XT I ordered the top of the range that was available in the Audi section. Just checked the MB section where they have the Platinum Europe's Finest Range as top of the range :shock:

The quality of the Super Lux Carpet mats are nothing near the quality of the OE Mercedes mats that I had in the S-Class, which incidentally lasted me 4 years a set, I really can't see these new mats lasting 2 years before needing replaced.

I was asked by my mate to purchase a set of mats for his new Range Rover last year and went to Land Rover for them, they cost £150.00 but the quality was as shown in the top picture, deep pile, thick luxury mats. That is what I thought I would be purchasing.....

Oddly enough I think this guy works from home as I just sent him an email about 10 minutes ago and he has replied already.....at midnight :shock:

Caveat emptor

Last edited:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
The thing is XT I ordered the top of the range that was available in the Audi section. Just checked the MB section where they have the Platinum Europe's Finest Range as top of the range :shock:

The quality of the Super Lux Carpet mats are nothing near the quality of the OE Mercedes mats that I had in the S-Class, which incidentally lasted me 4 years a set, I really can't see these new mats lasting 2 years before needing replaced.

Caveat emptor

very useful post John. I suspect that most of us would not experience the same levels of wear and tear, so it would be sensible for the majority to treat their "pride and joy" to a set of OEM mats, which would be unlikely to lose their good looks or need to be replaced.

"Buy cheap and you buy dear", as my old Scots grandmother used to say. :(

Kyliewww

Reaction score
Website
www.dead-ringer.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
I'm not surprised that you are dissapointed. Do you still get the "Lifetime Guarantee" :rolleyes:

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
very useful post John. I suspect that most of us would not experience the same levels of wear and tear, so it would be sensible for the majority to treat their "pride and joy" to a set of OEM mats, which would be unlikely to lose their good looks or need to be replaced.

"Buy cheap and you buy dear", as my old Scots grandmother used to say. :(

I usually only buy OE Alex, but when I saw what this mob had to offer I thought the mats looked much better than OE and decided they would be rather nice underfoot. I've checked out their website yet again and I still feel it's misleading

Do you still get the "Lifetime Guarantee" :rolleyes:

The lifetime guarantee only covers the 'Platinum Europe's Finest Range' :(

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Sadly, it is a fine line between really smart advertising and "missleading".

It is a similar concept to political transparency!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes interesting post, sadly the figures they quote are meaning less to most, the backing appears to be so light compared to genuine versions, with the result that they curl very easily, and the original mats never curl.

There are probably 20 firms making mats if you do a web search.

I was lucky in getting a original set for my CL as near new as one could get for £40

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
I am very satisfied with the set of mats that I bought for the CL from Classic Mercedes Mats.......but I did pay £123.99 delivered. They are made to Order in Germany.
It does sound as though, for slip mats at least, you get what you pay for.

Mic

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am very satisfied with the set of mats that I bought for the CL from Classic Mercedes Mats.......but I did pay £123.99 delivered. They are made to Order in Germany.
It does sound as though, for slip mats at least, you get what you pay for.

Mic

Very true Mic,, this makes the original not very expensive, it think the most MB mats are in the £90 range so for a 1 off not expensive for what you have bought

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Sometimes it works.

I have just received a full set of 550gsm mats with contrasting piping for my JapJeep.
They are well-made, good-looking, and fit to perfection, with a built-in heel protector for the drivers side - also with pretty contrasting piping.
Better quality than I really need, because they will soon get covered in mud, and regularly hosed down. Unbelievably, all for £22 delivered.

There is one big snag, that is now the subject of an email trail between me and the supplier - the drivers side mat has been made for a lhd car (and mine is rhd). Whether the manufacturer will rectify without hassle remains to be seen over the next few days.

As it happens, the lhd mat still fits well enough, but obviously I want what I ordered. If they get this sorted willingly I will try their top quality for my other cars.

Baz

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
Is it just me that thinks possibly first holiday homes has some link to this company...?

He seemed very over the moon, and does he have any history of any other posts on this forum???

Top Bottom