head light washer pump

D

dave thomas

hi my headlight washer pump is dead how can i test can i put a external 12v on the connector which pins?is the pump easy to remove i have checked the fuse box all ok the car is a clk27o on a 53 plate,regards dave:(

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Are you sure that the pump has gone? A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my headlight washers didn't work so I ran through all the checks but couldn't find anything wrong.

I then tried lifting the washer jets, using my fingernails. Although i couldn't actually lift them I did feel some slight movement. Tried the washers again and, after 2 or 3 tries, the washers started working again. I have a feeling that with the lack of use, due to the dry weather, the jets had become a little stuck and the water pressure wasn't enough to lift them.

Anyway mine are fine now so worth a try before you dismantle everything. :D

Dave

OP
D

dave thomas

all ok

thanks all working now just like you said+a little wd40 thanks dave

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom