Headlamps

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
I have a s211 avantgarde est.

Can anyone tell me why when I turn on the car at night the lights come on (on auto) and move up and down about 2-3 inches ?? Is this self levelling or something similar ??

The book doesn't give much away,,,

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
HID lights start pointing at the ground then self level when lit

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This is normal for Xenon lamps, they self level once turned on, and they have to raise and lower to find the correct height

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Hi Adam ....... FYI, Malcom is off on holiday so I'm standing in ....... as you know me so well, my tech knowledge is unsurpassable.

Anyway, back to your problem ........... it's seems you may have one of those Chinese copies ...... yes even MB's are now being copied, by our little Chinese friends ........ unfortunatly yours was destined for the Mexican market ........... and your headlights have the "Start the wave" option fitted as standard !!

Hope this helps !

keith100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c300 2008 (Gone)
My lights come on level when I turn on the ignition, dip when it starts and then move back up to level again. The manual says its checking the auto levelling system.

My wife says its giving us a little German head bow, every time I start it:lol:

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
Hi Adam ....... FYI, Malcom is off on holiday so I'm standing in ....... as you know me so well, my tech knowledge is unsurpassable.

Anyway, back to your problem ........... it's seems you may have one of those Chinese copies ...... yes even MB's are now being copied, by our little Chinese friends ........ unfortunatly yours was destined for the Mexican market ........... and your headlights have the "Start the wave" option fitted as standard !!

Hope this helps !

Tim, couldn't find anything other than the thanks button and that was just not going to do:lol: Stick to the ski's m8 :wink:

Malcolm....HURRY BACK !!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211

Hope this helps !

I can see we are in 'good' hands:rolleyes:

we can all all sleep at nights Thumpers 'on the job' not sure which one though!

Last edited:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I can see we are in 'good' hands:rolleyes:

we can all all sleep at nights Thumpers 'on the job' not sure which one though!

I can't help suspecting that "*Thumper" is a pseudonym for someone planted by Malcolm and tasked with making Malcolm's indispensability obvious to any who may doubt it.

If so, the plan is working. :lol:;):(

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I can't help suspecting that "*Thumper" is a pseudonym for someone planted by Malcolm and tasked with making Malcolm's indispensability obvious to any who may doubt it.

If so, the plan is working. :lol:;):(

It certainly is, makes for a laugh a minute though:lol:

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I've spent many years training for this moment ............. Drinking, womanising, world travel, making money, losing it all, making it all again ............ and watching other people fix my cars .............. so don't worry......... Yes, you are in good hands !!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I've spent many years training for this moment ............. Drinking, womanising, world travel, making money, losing it all, making it all again ............ and watching other people fix my cars .............. so don't worry......... Yes, you are in good hands !!

Good, so reassuring to know we have a part time George Best, Bill Wyman, Alan Whicker, Robert Maxwell, and Mick the Mechanic all rolled into one - Malcolm will have to work hard to get back into the saddle when he returns:lol::lol:

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I have a feeling he won't have to work too hard.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom