Headlight Bulb Change E Class W211

John22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDi W211
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - but I have tried searching to no avail....

I want to upgrade the headlight bulbs on my 07 E Class 220 CDi to Osram Nightbreakers / Philips X-treme or similar and I'm seeking some advice on the easiest way to do it. Whilst there are screw-off panels on the rear of the headlights, access to the bulbs is very awkward. Is it easiest to remove the headlights to make the changeover or am I missing something?

If I have to remove the headlights, could someone please advise how they are removed - there doesn't appear to be any easy access to the retaining bolts. :confused:

Thanks in anticipation

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello john,,it needs someone with very small hands, and it can be done,,my hands are too big to change one of mine.

It is a bumper off job to remove the lights :shock:

The philips seam to have a better name

OP
J

John22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDi W211
Thanks Malcolm. I was hopeful that bumper removal wasn't going to be required for headlight removal! I'll see if I can find someone with small hands who will take on the job as it's far too tight a squeeze for me (the ladies in my household will be too worried about cuts, grazes and breaking nails!).

Cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sometimes with just the air intake pipes removed it can make it much easier

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom