headlight differences on a w202.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
The wiring loom adapter for the fog light on the AMG bumper removes the power away from the headlight and gives it to the bumper mounted foglight, I adapted my looms so I could run 4 foglights but this blows the fuse of the circuit, so I have now taken the headlight fog light bulbs out, though I will fit LED ones at some point, due to their reduced wattage should not blow the fuse.
I will check on the operatin of both my cars and get back to you, though my old one may not start as it has been sat on my driveway for the last 12-14 weeks so it may have a flat battery.

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
correct

Many thanks for that,if you could check your lights I would be grateful,mine is set up as follows,early type is dipped bulb at top,main at bottom and fog next to grille,late type is dipped at top,fog at bottom and main next to grille.

Jason that is correct I have both types here and as previously mentioned the later type trim below the headlight will fit the earlier light but the earlier trim wont fit the later one without modifying it

OP
J

Jasons76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 c220 cdi AMG sport estate
thanaks yorkshire1 for that i have a later type headlight arriving on monday so hopefully all the lights should be working the same from then.and as my car is a late type i hope they havent modified the trim too much in fitting the early type light to the o/s.are the trims still available do you know?

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
trim

you should be ok with the trim as your original facelift one if it was kept would fit the wrong old light if it was an old trim to suit the light youll just have to trim the excess plastic off the back of it. or ,plenty available from anyone breaking 202s

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
I got a pair of W202 headlight clusters here and you can have them for a reasonable cost as my car has now been scrapped oh how I hate that word. If you want them PM me. Ian

Top Bottom